New Blind Item: Showrunner About to be Fired!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Last time I saw Claire Labine it was when she appeared on SoapTalk in about 2004 or so and it was sad to see. She started crying talking about her favorite Ryan's Hope characters she use to write for. 

Not sure about the showrunner, but hopefully it's Pratt since he's co-EP or he is the scribe described in the blind item. As for Jill Farren Phelps she actually turns 66 this summer which is retirement age so she may be very well on her way out at as well. 

• Members

There were a few nice ideas, like the return to Heaven, but between the horrible last scene and Ron's sad ego wank with Fraternity Row, it felt very little like anything I ever thought OLTL stood for. 

• Members

I am not so sure this is FV they are talking about.   For starters of the exec producers currently working, would he be the one they would label a veteran?  Compared to who?  

Next, I don't know that GH is having such dramatic ratings troubles that they would want to fire him.   It does about 2.0 or 2.1 consistently,  and this is the network that had to see 1.6s before they would fire Guza.   The demos I am not sure about.

Third, would ABC even bother at this point?   If the show was at a point where they needed shake-ups wouldn't they just cancel it and put on a chat show?

• Members

Seriously? FV has been an EP for 13 years, and he's run GH for about 5. I think it's equally likely Pratt and CBS/Sony finally pushed out Jill, but Frank is a veteran EP, period.

• Members

If ABC were determined to replace FV as EP at GH, then that would suggest they remain at least partially invested in their show -- which I have a tough time buying, for some reason.  Yes, GH remains on the air, and at ABC, but only b/c they haven't lucked upon anything good to replace it.  Otherwise, as far as they're probably concerned, Frank could be there to turn out the studio lights for the last time.

Archived