New Blind Item: Showrunner About to be Fired!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes it is that Mal Young. There are certain things that actually work on Y&R IMO so I wonder how much of it is him. That said, I can see him not wanting the top position until he learned how that show worked. He's been there long enough that maybe he'll take over, we shall see.

• Members

I think the unstable soap writer is Higley and I think they will bring in Sally Sussman to finish out Days final few months on the air.  Frank is the one going. Sony loves Jill; when she leaves and it could also be at the end of this year, it will be voluntary retirement and Mal Young will be named EP.  I thin that's why he was hired anyway.  The shape up or ship out writers are Shelly/Jean, of course.  Brad Bell isn't going anywhere and Pratt's ratings have been good.

• Members

yes I am.  When they brought Dena and appointed Ryan after receiving a one year renewal, it's a very reasonable assumption.  They are riding out one more year with Ken getting control of the writer's room which he didn't have with Griffith or Tomsell.  Those were NBC/Sony picks.  

• Members

Does it matter anymore who's about to be fired (or who isn't)?  Networks will micro-manage these shows into the ground no matter WHO is in charge.

Also, why are DC and others still putting out blind items in a four-soap universe?  

• Members

If Jean and Shelly are the ones on their way out, my dream scenario would be to just promote Liz Korte and have her (realistically) be the one to finish up the show. There are still people who would be upset by her "Carly rules, Liz drools" approach to writing, but the show would have a much better chance of looking like its old self as it prepares to end, whenever that actually is. It's not like they have much more to lose now.

But I know this probably won't happen.

Archived