New Blind Item: Showrunner About to be Fired!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is Frank (IMO). That's been in the wind for awhile. I never, ever thought he would leave himself this vulnerable - I didn't think he was willing to show out on his ego as he has been lately, especially over the last year. 2013 and Prospect Park was when his reputation for keeping it cool really began to start to break apart, but it's since he cut loose Ron that we've seen him really doubling and tripling down by himself, with ME again, Franco and Liz and now Bree Williamson. Ron was just a convenient stalking horse for their shared preferences. It's a flameout the likes of which the show may not have seen since Gloria Monty, who also fell from hailed super-producer to walking disaster.

I have no idea who they would replace him with. I do feel confident that Writing Team A is JP/Altman. Team B (physically and mentally incapable) is Dena Higley, whom stories of instability and illness have been dogging for years.

• Members

I'd rather have Pissy and Altman than Higley at GH. Sigh. Why does the bad keep replacing the bad? Is Higley really in contention?  What about DAYS?? Not that I expected her to last.... sounds like a mess is coming

• Members

Whatever happens, I just don't think they are willing to find anybody that will totally turn things around for either GH or DOOL......It's gonna end up being something like Guza returning for GH, and having Shelley and Jean go to DOOL...

• Members

If the item about a writing team having until the end of summer to improve is about Jean/Shelly, then I'm betting they're definitely out. After all, it looks like this summer GH is going to be all about 3 storylines - Claudette, Sabrina & her baby, and more of Hayden. Three big "who cares" stories, with the occasional diversion to show whatever it is Michael Easton's character is up to. As Anna's storyline seems to be wrapping up, and Laura only appears once or twice a month (despite Genie being on contract), there's not much to look forward to in the near future.

I don't know who would be available or interested in taking over as HW - and it would probably require a new EP - but I won't be surprised if GH is the show referred to in the item.

• Administrator

I think the EP is JFP.  Her contract cycle should be coming up in the summer.  And I think the new EP will be Mal Young, now that they've given him time to get accustom to how the production works. 

• Members

Y&R hired Mal Young?! THE Mal Young of BBC/Eastenders/Doctors/Family Affairs/Brookside?

You'd almost think CBS/Sony cared about the show hiring someone like him...you don't hire someone like Mal Young to have him play #2 to JFP for very long. 

• Members

The first one is definitely Frank. GH is practically in the dumps. 

It's safe to say that the last two blind items about the writers is clearly Y&R and DAYS. 

I know Brad [Bell] is somewhere cheesing b/c he never has to worry about his job.

I hope it is Jill going and Mal taking her position. He'd at least clean house and possibly restore this show to it's true glory. They'd need to get rid of Chuck's basic ass too. 

Again, I hope this is true so then he can hear the fans cries and pleas to get Kay Alden (w/ Sally S. Morina) back. 

Archived