130 posts in this topic

Oh oh oh... Thank you B & Ang. I feel stupid. I need more OWN shows because I can't keep waiting for TP dramas.  It sounds interesting and I will check that out too.

Does HAHN still have 12 minute scenes with the characters playing pass the phrase? 

I saw you with that hooker

You saw me with that hooker?

Yes, I saw you with that hooker

You did not see me with a hooker

I saw you with that hooker.  

Me? With that hooker?!

Yes, you! With that hooker!

I was never with that hooker!

Yes, you were!

Looks great!  Love Lyn Whitfield.  Not remotely related to TP means it has win win win written all over it!

I don't know whether it has "win win win" written on it, but it's certainly great to know TP is NOT involved.

Oprah should act more often.

Oprah has been doing nothing but acting since day one.

Just what we needed: a series about a powerful, scandalous Black family...from the White man who also created "Dirty Sexy Money."

Edited by Khan

I'll give it a shot!

Oprah should act more often.

I was sold on Oprah as an actress in The Butler.  She was the only memorable part of that film.  Can wait to see her!

Very interesting review on the show. Definitely something to check out. It seems to have a lot of promise.

Lynn Whitfield and Oprah as enemies?  I think I'm a bit moist here.  Can't wait!!!!!

Very interesting review on the show. Definitely something to check out. It seems to have a lot of promise.

Lynn Whitfield and Oprah as enemies?  I think I'm a bit moist here.  Can't wait!!!!!

LMAO! You better stop!

Greenleaf is clearly not a Tyler Perry show. Its visuslly stunning and lush. The script was tight, dialogue crisp and rich. It was very well done. Like so many others here, I couldn't watch Haves for very long cause of dialogue and extended rambling scenes. It's horrendous.  Watching it now since Greenleaf went off and it's ridiculous. I cant! But, hey MiMi Reed. 

Anyway, I'm as excited about Greenleaf as I was about Empire. I see several stories developing. That nasty uncle must go. He's so slimy and them allowing his criminality to protect their image, read money, is atrocious. 

I'm intrigued by other dynamics in the family. Like why can't charity, the youngest daughter, preach? It's not cause she's a woman. Her not having a child is a clear rub for her mother.  

Jacob, their only son, clearly cares very little for their church or being a pastor.

Those kids snorting prescription medicine. O_O. 

The IRS looking into the church finances. 

Does HAHN still have 12 minute scenes with the characters playing pass the phrase? 

I saw you with that hooker

You saw me with that hooker?

Yes, I saw you with that hooker

You did not see me with a hooker

I saw you with that hooker.  

Me? With that hooker?!

Yes, you! With that hooker!

I was never with that hooker!

Yes, you were!

And the entire time, they aren't even talking about a hooker, just some ho Character A doesn't like.

Greenleaf is clearly not a Tyler Perry show. Its visuslly stunning and lush. The script was tight, dialogue crisp and rich. It was very well done. Like so many others here, I couldn't watch Haves for very long cause of dialogue and extended rambling scenes. It's horrendous.  Watching it now since Greenleaf went off and it's ridiculous. I cant! But, hey MiMi Reed. 

Anyway, I'm as excited about Greenleaf as I was about Empire. I see several stories developing. That nasty uncle must go. He's so slimy and them allowing his criminality to protect their image, read money, is atrocious. 

I'm intrigued by other dynamics in the family. Like why can't charity, the youngest daughter, preach? It's not cause she's a woman. Her not having a child is a clear rub for her mother.  

Jacob, their only son, clearly cares very little for their church or being a pastor.

Those kids snorting prescription medicine. O_O. 

The IRS looking into the church finances. 

Oprah is doing a nice job with this show. I thought it was pretty good. So far my favorite characters are Grace and her dad. Even though we still have to learn more about them, they both seem like they are mostly good people. The worst thing I can say about the Dad so far, is that he may be shady with his finances, and might know about Uncle Mack.

I also wonder what the deal is with Charity. She seems insecure and kind of whiny. I wonder why her father doesn't want her to preach. Is it because he also think she's whiny, maybe immature to a degree. It's definitely not a woman thing because he wants Grace to preach and seems to prefer Grace to Charity and Jacob.

Clarrisa, Jacob's wife went hard at Grace, but at least she explained her motivations. She wants Jacob to get more power in the church, but he seems to be more concerned about cheating on her.

Uncle Mack definitely is shady and I am interested in seeing how Grace will take him down. Also, it was nice seeing Lynn Whitfield again. I am interested in learning more about her character and why she has issues with Grace. 

Edited by xtr

Good acting and good pacing. His hands definitely arent on this

Clarisse....judgemental bitch. Cant stand her ass

Clarisse....judgemental bitch. Cant stand her ass

It's obvious Kerissa wants to be First Lady. I betcha she wants the money they may be potentially laundering, that estate, the power, etc. She wreaks of the pious women that yearn to be the First Lady of a ministry.