• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't know whether it has "win win win" written on it, but it's certainly great to know TP is NOT involved.

Oprah has been doing nothing but acting since day one.

Just what we needed: a series about a powerful, scandalous Black family...from the White man who also created "Dirty Sexy Money."

Edited by Khan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Greenleaf is clearly not a Tyler Perry show. Its visuslly stunning and lush. The script was tight, dialogue crisp and rich. It was very well done. Like so many others here, I couldn't watch Haves for very long cause of dialogue and extended rambling scenes. It's horrendous.  Watching it now since Greenleaf went off and it's ridiculous. I cant! But, hey MiMi Reed. 

Anyway, I'm as excited about Greenleaf as I was about Empire. I see several stories developing. That nasty uncle must go. He's so slimy and them allowing his criminality to protect their image, read money, is atrocious. 

I'm intrigued by other dynamics in the family. Like why can't charity, the youngest daughter, preach? It's not cause she's a woman. Her not having a child is a clear rub for her mother.  

Jacob, their only son, clearly cares very little for their church or being a pastor.

Those kids snorting prescription medicine. O_O. 

The IRS looking into the church finances. 

• Members

Oprah is doing a nice job with this show. I thought it was pretty good. So far my favorite characters are Grace and her dad. Even though we still have to learn more about them, they both seem like they are mostly good people. The worst thing I can say about the Dad so far, is that he may be shady with his finances, and might know about Uncle Mack.

I also wonder what the deal is with Charity. She seems insecure and kind of whiny. I wonder why her father doesn't want her to preach. Is it because he also think she's whiny, maybe immature to a degree. It's definitely not a woman thing because he wants Grace to preach and seems to prefer Grace to Charity and Jacob.

Clarrisa, Jacob's wife went hard at Grace, but at least she explained her motivations. She wants Jacob to get more power in the church, but he seems to be more concerned about cheating on her.

Uncle Mack definitely is shady and I am interested in seeing how Grace will take him down. Also, it was nice seeing Lynn Whitfield again. I am interested in learning more about her character and why she has issues with Grace. 

Edited by xtr