• Members

Is anyone highly anticipating this new OWN drama coming in June and will likely be paired with, either on the same day or one after, The Haves & Have Nots... GREENLEAF! I'm loving the heavy hitters like Oprah and Lynn Whitfield... Keith David is also a favorite of mine growing up. This drama is NOT from Tyler Perry which I think is great because Oprah can get some other good and quality shows on her station and in her line-up. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know -- even though I watch his shows, I just feel dumb watching them and it is so annoying figuring everything out before it is revealed because we saw it a mile away.

Bujt when they showed this new trailer... I am so interested in seeing the skeletons this family has. Why do I get the feeling the uncle did something to her way back when?

Plus, this is sorta reminding me of the church show on Bounce.

• Members

Does HAHN still have 12 minute scenes with the characters playing pass the phrase? 

I saw you with that hooker

You saw me with that hooker?

Yes, I saw you with that hooker

You did not see me with a hooker

I saw you with that hooker.  

Good [!@#$%^&*] Gawd!  So happy Oprah is getting away from him soiling her network!

• Members

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm not sure as I am a casual viewer but I can definitely say his other shows, If Loving You Is Wrong and For Better Or Worse for damn sure do!

I love that, pass the phrase. He is horrible at it and I remember watching The Secret Life of the American Teenager and they did that every damn episode.

• Members

Tyler Perry's shows saved OWN, so without them Greenleaf wouldn't be on because OWN would have been off the air had the Haves and Have Nots not been produced. Anyway, I am looking forward to Greenleaf.

Edited by ReddFoxx
spelling

• Members

Yeah, Oprah made the right decision in using Tyler Perry to build ratings for her network. TP comes with fans (for some reason) and the show(s) bring in an audience and she knew it. It's why she is where she is. That being said, they're horrible, utterly cringeworthy shows.

• Members

No one said he didn't. I remember reading the article that praise TP shows for bringing her network back from basically being null and void. She is grateful to him I'm sure as anyone would be but that doesn't have anything to do with the quality of his shows. And who knows -- if this would have been her first series it could have did good as well, especially since it's an all-black cast and she has some acting powerhouses on here including herself.

But like the YRBB said, he comes with a built in fan base and what he initially was bringing with THAHN was a soapy goodness with a predominately black cast, and sometimes he brings it but othr times like Ang said, you have pass the phrase way too much and I know he's better than that.

• Members

:lol:

You got me over here straight rolling even though it is all true. 

Not surprised that Oprah grew tired of TP given rumors they are at odds b/c she simply asked him to tighten up on his shows. I hope Greenleaf and Queen Sugar blow TP's shows out of the water. It's about time that Oprah centers her network around minorities (preferably the AA audience) with a bunch of strong dramas and comedies and offer programming TV networks won't. Oprah would profit from it a lot. 

• Members

What's Queen Sugar?  That restaurant show?

Wow... if he's mad she asked him to tighten up then that's just sad because he really needs to and shouldn't have needed to be told that. His "explosive" moments, especially on ILYIW can be seen a mile away. There's nothing that's really surprising on that show.