GH: Former OLTL actress joins the show

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually think she CAN be a good actress (although Erin Torpey is still easily the best Jessica), but the reliance on Jessica's alters (and separating her from Brody) in the later years of OLTL did her no favors. 

And of course, the fact that she'll playing a character no one wants doesn't help, either, but why state the obvious when you don't need to? :)

• Members

Between this, doubling down on Franco and Budig and going for a third round of Easton (despite the Finn character not being an abysmal failure thus far), Frank's reacted to the news of the show's short-term cancellation reprieve with real subtle grace.

• Members

I think it's more that it's doing that 'well'. As in, the talk shows they groomed to replace it have once again flopped, there is nothing in the pipeline that is ready yet to try again, so GH likely has a 1-2 year reprieve. The moment that Tyra variety show got its kill notice, Frank brought back Easton, paired Roger Howarth with Becky Herbst, did a 180 on the Julian character and put a target on William deVry's back (not that I am complaining) and then called Bree Williamson. To say nothing of the ongoing Rebecca Budig/Michelle Stafford debacles. IMO he's doing all this because he knows he is safe for now and no one can touch him.

Archived