The 10 worst Y&R actors

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you see the top 10 Y&R Iconic Soap Couples list ? They have trash like Cane and Lilly on it along with Billy and Victoria......of course they named Victor and Nikki as number 1, but they didn't include 70's pairings like Chris and Snapper, Lance and Lorie etc... I guess most people think Y&R didn't exist pre-80's.

• Members

That article is terribly written, meandering, unsure of itself, full of errors of many varieties, and most of the choices don't make sense. 

I laughed out loud when I got to, "Everyone loves Noah Newman." Yeah...

• Members

I was just about to bring this up. This article lost any ounce of credibility when they didn't use a proper picture for David Tom ... along with Kelly Sullivan not being on the list. 

Also, a lot of the actors they mentioned aren't terrible actors. They just have terrible material that they can't do jack sh*t with.

• Members

Exactly. I wouldn't be able to perform the small portion of material they get. How can Rob Adamson be horrible when he isn't given anything? 

Only thing I agreed with this list is that Cady McClain did suck as Kelly, but that's b/c they switched the writing on her from what was given to Cynthia Watros when she played Kelly. 

• Members

And where in the Hell is Daniel Goddard?

Kate Linder isn't used enough for anyone to judge her acting.  They should watch some of the clips from the good old days, when they gave her a chance to work.

I don't thonk Burgess Jenkins is a bad actor, just stuck in the wrong role!

As for David Tom, shame on them!

• Members

"How can you all DO THIS to GRANDPA?!"  Remember honey - he basically killed your husband?  And everything your husband filmed about the Newmans all being despicable...actually is kind of....true?  LOL.  And I know it's partly the writing, but still.  She's horrible.  If I hear her say "Grandpa" one more time I think I'll throw a shoe through my television.  She's completely...vacant.  Barely even present...horrible.

How Eric Braeden isn't on this list is what's astounding to me - seriously - he has a habit of reverting every once in a while - and you can tell when he hasn't learned his lines.  He buys time by ending every other sentence with, "OK?"  "you should watch how you speak to me, OK?"  "I do this to protect my famileehhhh, OK?"  There were articles years ago about him not learning his lines and actors getting really frustrated with the number of takes they had to do. 

Archived