Big Brother 18

• Members

Well, we're about a month away from the cast reveal and the start of the season (June 22nd). I wish I could be more excited but until Grodner goes and CBS stops interfering (I think CBS is who pushes these lame twists on BB and especially The Amazing Race), the show will probably be [!@#$%^&*]. And they have to stop the awful casting they do. I don't know how BBCAN and BBUS are even cast by the same person.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd say BBUS casts are actually better at this point. The last two BBCAN seasons had some of the most shocking casting I've ever seen. 

I always say I won't watch and then I do, but I'm really going to try not to this year. I'm just tired of it. The only thing I enjoyed last year was when dumbasses like Meg and James lost.

• Members

Only I pray for is a diverse cast. That's one thing BBCAN has over on BBUS. I wish we'd revert to the days where we had great representation of minorities, LGBT community, and older houseguests. I miss the days when we had wise sages in the house like Jack (BB4) or the crazy old aunt like Renny (BB10) in the house. It is so boring watching a bunch of 20-somethings in the house. 

• Members

New pool format: 

Please register in order to view this content

May 23rd – Big Brother Marathon on All Access – Every episode of every season

June 13th – Meet the Big Brother 18 Houseguests! Live broadcast that morning

June 22nd – Big Brother 18 starts at 8PM ET/PT

June 23rd – Big Brother Live Feeds start at 10PM PT (1AM ET)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Zakiyah: I like her; however, I am not here for her being all for a showmance. If she doesn't change her perspective on the game, she ain't winning. She won't even get near the finish line. This ain't The Bachelor! She needs to play to win. 

Natalie: Doomed. Once she said she wanted a girl's alliance, I knew she was a goner. She is gonna be this season's Joey. I can see from her personality that she'll be at the epicenter of drama too. 

Bronte: I think she'll do well, but I hope she doesn't think that science and math is gonna come into play with real humans with emotions. I think she'll be an easy target for girls to hate on.

Bridgette: Nice girl. She may do well. I see her getting to the jury rounds at least. 

Corey: Caleb 3.0. I see him aligning with Frank if Frank is on this season. Typical player that thinks he can comp beast to the end and think he is God's gift to the game. Hopefully, he leaves early.

Glenn: He'll be Chef Joe this season. He is gonna be that old man trying to seem cool and hip, while trying to flirt with the women. He's either gonna be seen as skeevy or pathetic. He might slide through to jury with this young cast but he isn't winning. I just don't see it now.

Michelle: Seems bitchy. She reminds me of a Nicole/Christine hybrid. Watch her be the one to cause the girls to be picked off.

Jozea: Raul 2.0. It's written all over him. The fact that he said the last thing he cried over was food ... yeah. This is gonna be a long summer for him. 

Paulie: He killed me acting masculine in the interview given we've seen him in risqué photos being otherwise.  Glad he isn't willing to settle for 2nd like his brother, but I don't see him making it far like his brother. People are gonna want him out immediately. And what grown man refers to himself as 'Paulie?!' 

Tiffany: Watch Da'Vonne and James (if they are playing) be the one to peep her card and figure out she's Vanessa's sister. She seems less manic than Vanessa, but I felt she was disinterested. As of now, I don't see her making it far. 

Paul: Reminds me of Kenny of BBCAN2 looks wise. I think he might have Kenny's bad attitude too. He seems like he gets annoyed easily. This is gonna be a long (or short) summer for him.

Victor: Traditional beefcake that assumes this game is all physical and that you can beast your way to the end. I can see him being one of Frank's flunkies if he is on. I can also see him being someone openly seeking out a showmance. He just has dud player written all over him. 

• Members

Haven't even watched the interviews, probably won't, and I can agree with just about all of this. BB casting is so predictable anymore. It's all typecasting. I mean you can match up just about everyone with a doppleganger from a recent season.

I think I'll like Michelle and Zakiyah but it depends on how they act in the house and if they play the game. Zakiyah wanting a showmance, I read, makes me cringe, even though she claims to be a fan of the show since Season 3. Michelle is also a superfan, it's as if Christine and Nicole merged into Michelle.

I hope I like Tiffany better than Vanessa, who wasn't bad, but I wanted her to own her damn game.

I'll have to watch Jozea's interview. I don't want another token cliche gay.

As for returning players ...

I'm not sure they'd put Da'Vonne in the house with Zakiyah. Wouldn't want too much diversity now. Although I see more Spanish presence than in the past, which is a step up. Adding James and Da'Vonne would be a huge improvement towards diversity on BB. Frank and Nicole also seem likely, but we'll see. I'd rather not watch Cody and Vanessa play with their siblings, but neither of them seem to be in sequester.

Though none are confirmed at this point, it seems likely James/Day/Nicole/Frank are the returnees and I'm happy with that. Frank will have a lot of meat to hide behind. Maybe without Boogie I can tolerate Frank. Why does BB do such horrible casting with the men, and a lot of the women? They need to cast personalities and not types. Survivor learned this and casting has been on an upswing after many seasons of horrid casting.

And there is no way Tiffany and Paulie go unnoticed. They look identical to their siblings. In the most eerie way, I might add. Though Tiffany's hotter than Vanessa and Cody's hotter than Paulie, though it's close. Cody's looking a little rough these days. With the returning players, and some superfans in there, they will be recognized. If they're not, the entire house is full of stupid people.

• Members

Multiple houseguests from the past have verified that Da'Vonne, James, Frank, and Nicole are the returnees. I follow Parker (of BB9) on Twitter and he is close to Da'Vonne and he says she's there and he'd know. I think after years of hearing us whine about diversity that CBS and AG bent. 

I've already said Da'Vonne and James are gonna know Tiffany b/c she admitted she knows some of the houseguests. I think James might be the one to know her. I think Da'Vonne does not know her (as she didn't hang with Vanessa post show), but it won't be hard to figure it out. I just hope that after last season, Da'Vonne will keep it to herself. I think she will. 

I will post casting vids on here in a sec so you and others can see them all. 

• Members

So I'm reading interviews Hollywood Reporter did with the cast. I'm going to give some impressions based on that and I will probably watch the videos soon, thank you so much for posting them @Nothin'ButAttitude!

I wanted to post this though first, in Zakiyah's interview (I still hate hate hate that she wants a showmance and wants to partner with a jock and go to the end with him) ... The question was "Are you going to win the first HOH?" and she responded: "I'm not going to win the first HoH. I'm chocolate, so I'm already a target anyway!" ... LMAO! Girl has it down. She knows the deal.

I really wish the players of BB were more like Survivor. I hate how the women turn their noses up at an alliance working together and I hate the mentality of hiding behind jocks. Just play the damn game!

Again, these thoughts are based on interviews from Hollywood Reporter. I haven't watched the video interviews yet. And most of my opinions get shifted around anyway when the show starts. I hate who I thought I would love and vice versa and no one I want to work together does and when they do they're picked off. Typical BB season.

Paulie - I liked Cody enough, as dumb as he was, and as boring as he was, so I'm sure I'll like Paulie too. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and I like that he wants to play the game.

Tiffany - I want to like her and root for her like I wanted to root for Vanessa. I think she'll suffer from Elissa syndrome while Paulie probably won't. Mark it. Curious to see how this one goes. Will the returning players work with her, will the noobs? Will nobody? Will she be a mess like her sister?

Paul - Ugh. I feel like I could either love him or absolutely hate him. I like how nearly every other word is fuc----. As someone with an awful potty mouth I approve. I also like how he gives no [!@#$%^&*]. Could end up like another Zach. Sounds like he is a very busy person and wants to see how he does with no stimulation. Could go either way.

Zakiyah - I want to root for you girl. But you seem like you will fade and be boring on the feeds and let a man run the show. Please don't and please play the game. Don't be Amber or Candice.

Corey - I have nothing. Robyn and Allison, this isn't a dating show. Stop casting clueless Tinder dudes. Oh, I guess I did have something.

Michelle - Oh please don't disappoint me like Christine (and sort of Nicole) did. I love that she's a Superfan but they've often sucked at this game. But meanwhile, BBCAN seems to do a great job casting superfans ... She's going to be a lot of players I like downfalls, I have a feeling. I think she will align with the vets but then be a rat like Christine or turn like BB14 Shelly. We shall see. I adore her for calling out Frankie on the Price is Right. She says (she makes memes, etc. and it was talking about that) "We just made fun of Frankie Grande and how he was literally kissing the camera and doing all this crap. It just made me want to vomit. It was the best because he didn't get to get picked at all and Dr. Will won, of course." I want to love her.

Glenn - OMG. I get Paul from BBCAN vibes. I'm curious to see how his Trump [!@#$%^&*] comes across. I'm glad he's a fan and that he's wanting to come in guns blazing, but I think he's going to be screwed unless the returnees side with him. He claims he'll call out the phonies who are there for the "fame" but so many players claim to be confrontational and then they suck and do nothing. I think he might run his mouth and that could be fun, maybe. Nice to see an "older" contestant. But BB needs better age diversity.

Natalie - Victoria? Is that you? I predict she and Jozea are the new Victoria and Frankie. I have nothing else on her. Maybe she'll surprise me.

Jozea - Oh, never mind. He just said his least favorite was Victoria. Although he's only seen the last two seasons. He already lost me with "I'm not confrontational." and that "I get my anger out on the dishes and then I'll find my strategic way of how to get that person out of the house". Frankie all over again. Drama killer. Maybe he'll be more like Devin and overplay and get shown the door early. Unless he can make me root for him. He's already dismissing past players and acting like he's the [!@#$%^&*]. So he won't be.

Bridgette - Meg? Is that you? I think I'll like her so that means she's screwed from the start. Maybe too nice? I don't have much on her. She doesn't want to float to the end but that's probably what will happen unless she becomes an easy early boot.

Victor - Austin? Is that you? He wants an all-male alliance (Frank is wetting himself right now at this goat he's been given if he's on the show) and a girl to pull the votes. Sigh.

Bronte - I need to see her in video form. I got nothing. I think she's early boot fodder.

I wish the idea of a showmance would be banned on this show. I hate hearing everyone be asked about it or talk about it. Sigh.

Archived