WEDNESDAY

8PM - The Goldbergs

8:30 - Speechless (New)

9PM - Modern Family

9:30 - Black-ish

10PM - Designated Survivor

THURSDAY

8PM - Grey's Anatomy

9PM - Notorious (New) / Scandal (midseason)

10PM - How to Get Away with Murder

FRIDAY

8PM - Last Man Standing

8:30 - Dr. Ken

9PM - Shark Tank

10PM - 20/20

Scandal, The Catch, Imaginary Mary, Downward Dog, Time After Time, Still Star-Crossed are all being held for midseason.

Smart to build a Tuesday comedy block. Anchoring it with The Middle is smart as well and could extend it's shelf life a few more years. Glad to see Goldbergs anchoring and leading into Speechless. Smart pairing.

I think Notorious will bomb. I'm not sure on Designated Survivor. I think it will be a hit on the level that Quantico is a hit.

Conviction is smart to put after DWTS.

Sundays feels tired. OUAT is sinking. Secrets and Lies isn't that greatly rated (though I see why it's there, with the entire night now being female driven) and Quantico, while they call it a hit, IMO, is lackluster in the ratings. I would have put Still Star-Crossed at 9PM in the hopes a Shonda show can resurrect the night.

• Members

I'm more or less watching reruns of Three's Company and I Love Lucy now more than broadcast TV (because it both sucks and there's just only so much I can watch) but I do watch some shows, and I'm so not even near watching anything on Netflix or Amazon (nope, never saw Orange, never saw House of Cards, Narcos, etc.) so I'm always behind the trend. It took me years to watch shows like Weeds and Dexter ... but I follow the ratings and I guess the TV industry has always interested/fascinated me. I like scheduling and I always follow the ratings, not super closely, but enough, and enough to notice trends through the years and how the networks operate. At least ABC tries to pair programs that work together, like CBS. I don't know what the hell Fox is thinking. They should be considered basic cable level at this point along with the CW.

• Members

I feel like ABC wants to cancel Scandal and The Catch, but Shonda won't let them.

I know Shonda said she had an eight season plan for Scandal, but I don't think Scandal is going to last that long. Maybe 1-2 seasons more tops before ABC just can't keep it any longer. Even with midseason starts.  

• Members

Shonda "won't let them"? LOL. They can cancel anything they want to if they can find a way to justify it. The Catch is buzzy filler. It's not going to last years and years. It's nice ABC lets Shonda decide when to end her so called hit shows but again, they don't answer to her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

TGIT will be no more after this season. I think Scandal will end (not be canceled), Notorious is going to bomb, and HTGAWM will flat line without synergy with Scandal. Grey's will do well regardless.

Im excited about The Middle moving to Tuesday's. I am hoping FOTB can grow in the ratings in the higher viewed 9pm hour and not having to face NCIS and The Voice. 

• Toups unpinned this topic

Archived