8PM - Arrow

9PM - Frequency (New)

THURSDAY

8PM - Legends of Tomorrow

9PM - Supernatural

FRIDAY

8PM - The Vampire Diaries

9PM - Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

The 100, iZombie, Riverdale, The Originals and Reign are all being held for midseason.

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Members

Smart move to put Supergirl and Jane The Virgin together. Their tones match.

Good move with putting Arrow and the Flash with their new series.

The Vampire Dairies and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend feel like final seasons.

Supernatural might have 1-2 more seasons left in it.

The midseason shows are just waiting to hit syndication status, then they are done.

Those October starts make it more and more obvious that the CW can't compete with the bigger networks.  

• Members

I can't see SPN doing well on Thursdays. It didn't before. But I can't see it going on much longer anyway.

Arrow is tatty and staggers along. It won't do much to help a new show. Flash also doesn't tend to either.

Surprised they aren't holding LoT to midseason, given the ratings haven't been hot. I think 4 superhero shows at once is going to be burnout.

• Members

I think they should have paired Supergirl with the 100.

And boo on the Originals...its current season has subpassed TVD so much that I'm watching with no knowledge of the first 2 seasons based on the strength of what's been going on.

• Members

The Originals lost their entire audience once Claire Holt left. It's a good show but its ratings haven't been good. The CW will be out of the Vampire game come this time next year. 

SPN does about the same as Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow though. I don't think they will cancel SPN this upcoming season or even the next one because there isn't much on the network that outperforms it. LOT, SPN, Arrow, Flash and Supergirl are the top 5 rated shows on the network. It wouldn't make sense for them to cancel SPN when it outperforms so much of their programming. The CW cancelling SPN but keeping the other half of their programming wouldn't make sense. If Jensen and Jared are willing they'll just keep it going.  

• Members

Why (like FOX) does the CW not even try to have a 10 P.M. slot? Is that when they give the slot back to the affiliates? If not, they should've paired all their DC comic shows on the same night and made it a nice block like ABC does with Shonda Rhimes shows. 

Still shocked they renewed Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I tried watching an episode and had to cut it off. It was dreadful. 

Riverdale is the only show I am interested in on their entire lineup even though Greg Berlanti skewed from the canon according to the synopsis.

• Members

The CW doesn't have a strong enough programming to air all of their heaviest hitting shows on one night and then have nothing for the rest of the week.

They are better off doing what they are doing now and try to grow each night into stronger showings, then trying to dominate one night of the week.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane The Virgin only exist for award show appeal and to try and diversify the network away from being a genre network. 

The CW should work on getting Sunday back, before worrying about a 10 pm slot.

• Members

That is sad to hear re: the Originals.

Or give the superhero shows Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Keep the awesome girl shows on Monday. Then plan out THursday and Friday Or let the vampires on Friday. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Toups unpinned this topic

Archived