Chicago Justice: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am impressed with Philip Winchester's performances as DA Peter Stone (the son of L&O's original prosecutor, Ben Stone). Physically, there's not much resemblance to Michael Moriarty...but they are virtual soundalikes. Bringing in Richard Brooks as Paul Robinette for a guest spot was a smart move.

• Members

I watched the first two episodes and called it a day. Maybe over time the main characters will be developed better but the one Carl Weathers plays is almost less than one dimensional and the assistant was useless (especially in the second episode). They telegraph in the worst way. Both episodes used CPD characters as a draw and in both instances the plots would have worked better on CPD.

In the three hour oneChicago event, everything fell flat for me in the CJ portion. They should have at least had some of the CPD cast have courtroom cameos in support of Olinsky. And in the second episode they should have had all the CPD working to try to clear Atwood. It made no sense that he would have taken a plea so a miraculous resolution was apparent. It was also very sloppy and is why the assistant seems useless. They showed her in the beginning visiting the jail and she was made aware that the guy had thrown up, yet she said nothing about a tox screen. The fact that (except for Antonio), that team saw nothing wrong with sending a man to prison just to satisfy an activist minister makes them all hard to like. The SA pretty much shows up, makes veiled threats about his job and the ASA's job and goes MIA until it's press conference time is a waste of a character. They might as well hand out cases over the phone.

Archived