The Young and The Restless - Betrayal and Payback!

• Members

exactly. Phyllis should always been on the edge - a catalyst making unconventional choices. Before Paragon, it was disgusting watching them turn her into a stepford wife and worse that she was too stupid not to recognize Marco as a fraud. I will credit the writers for investing time, story and, frankly, costuming in bringing Phyllis back and not just rushing the split with Jack (despite the fact it needs to happen) and sending her to Billy. 

Sharon - so many volumes could be written on the destruction of a warm, down-to-earth character. SC is the sole reason Sharon still exists. I remember back in 90s when JC specifically mentioned SC as the consumate soap professional. She was right. Unlike others, she has never phoned it in. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

Does everyone here realize that Sharon McAvoy is a character? Written by writers, not a real person. Some seem to forget that when they rant over her sexual past...

Please register in order to view this content

Also since Sage is dead and Dicholas (among others) need to 

A year from now Dicholas will be banging some other saccharine blonde, telling her she's the best thing that ever happened to him and he'll be like...Saffron Who?

• Members

^ But if we only talk about these shows in context of it being fiction that would pretty much kill discussion wouldn't it? Suspension of disbelief is the point of soap discussion boards or at least the monthly threads. I remember when this board was much busier and people would go on relentless rants against some of the writers and it would become impossible for me to read the threads. I'd say that's at least part of what put this board on life support.

Of course, this show has become so poorly written that it's harder and harder to keep up the illusion that GC is real. They've insulted our intelligence to the point that I can't go along and feel pulled out of the story more and more often.

I guess my point is I don't care if people want to go on and on about a fictional character. At some point it becomes trolling I suppose, but this board is awash in that anyway.

• Members

Unless its the original Billy the character is doomed without William J. Bell writing him. Who else would know him better than the person who created him or an actor who has been in the role from the beginning? Of course that always isn't the case.

• Members

a bit off-topic, but I'm assuming the new guy Vick's sweating is the real Gabriel Bingham w/ facial reconstructive surgery coming back for revenge on Adam for stealing his life & Victor for killing his pop, back in the day? I highly doubt he's just some rando that owns a bar. :rolleyes:

• Members

idk for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me at all tbh, just more fodder to cover up Victor & Adam's sins. I mean turn a (supposedly) nice guy into a monster in order to bolster the NEED for 1) Victor's fatherly 'protection' and Adam's new 'changed man' image. 

he would likely blame them for Sage's death, too. She was probs the love of his life. :rolleyes:

• Members

Billy might have been born when Bell was writing but it was Kay Alden who really created a character/personality, and the only person that's ever written well for him. As for David Tom, absolutely: he was, is, and always will be the definitive Billy. There could be others, too, but with the chitty writing, it's never going to happen.

Archived