DAYS: May 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was pretty dull but some parts caught my attention at times. I'm basically taking scraps at this point when I tune in. It wasn't awful but classic Griffith boring.

I like that we're seeing more characters interact again and the show feels a lot more smooth and together instead of all over the place. Characters aren't in bubbles anymore. At least Milstein and Griffith give us a lot of interactions and a more woven together canvas than Higley has (who, again, has no time for "feelings" which is why we get little cross-interaction when she writes) so I'm praying Quan can balance her. I want to like Griffith's DAYS because I get some little things out of that I know Higley will crap all over, but it's just been a very rough go.

What a rare treat Julie appeared in two episodes in a row. I liked Julie's scenes with Aiden. I like the Martin House set wish Days would show it more. The Deimos/Nicole/Kate stuff was awful. I liked Justin's and Victor's scenes. I'm sick off all of Aiden's flashbacks. We get it Andre replaced Aiden with a double. I was shocked that Days scraped some money together and gave Maggie a motorized wheelchair. Maggie's and Victor's scenes were great. I love that older characters like Victor and Maggie have a story. But does it have to be so damn depressing. About time that Shawn and Hope had scenes together. Eduardo and Rafe dull conversion about Hope made me sleepy. There was some great interaction between characters. But it was still a rather dull episode.

• Members

Enjoy the Julie sightings. I read she isn't on again until July :(. But we'll see. I don't know why it's so hard to use her regularly? I don't have any hope Higley uses Doug and Julie but maybe it's a producer/Corday thing that Julie and Doug are finally filling in for Tom and Alice.

It's been really nice seeing Julie involved in Hope's storyline finally, and her pulling the letter opener on Aiden was hilarious. I love Julie. I about fell over when Hope had scenes with Shawn. ABOUT TIME!

I just cringe seeing Maggie anymore. And Nicole. Nicole saying she can't breath sometimes because she misses Daniel. I can't. Thank you for making me hate one of my favorite characters ever. At least Eric sent her a letter. He gets more mentions and airtime than he did before he left.

And I have to lol at the virus story being off-screen and we get a few throw away lines that people are doing better and are slowly being released. Like, seriously? I'm not at all upset this isn't dominating for no reason but it's a complete and total non-story.

• Members

I don't know what the point of the virus story is. It came out of nowhere, we saw a bunch of Kayla and Fynn worrying and talking about the CDC, Mama Hernandez the insta-nurse with her holistic healing, and now people are magically better and being released... off screen.

The letter from Eric was nice, but I'm so over Nicole and Maggie still boo-hooing over Daniel.

• Members

So I'm over a week behind, but the "big virus" story literally just started. And it's all resolved off-camera a week later? I don't get it. Was there a last-minute writer switcheroo, or are they throwing spaghetti at the wall again? 

• Members

So let me get this straight?

As a young girl on the farm Maggie is seduced/raped by Noah and gives the child up. Was she crippled at the time?

So that child has to be at least mid 40's.

In all that time,through adoption (Melissa) surrogate birthing(Sarah) and egg baby (Daniel) as well as Mickey's infertlity and being raped (Ian) and babies and long lost children turning up regularly with close family and friends, Maggie never once mentioned this???

Archived