Y&R May Discussion Thread

• Members

Welp, Moriah lets her have it in today's episode. Sharon looks so bad in all of this, I can't even.

The episode is worth watching in part because because as a tribute to George Kennedy, they showed the scenes of Victor confronting his father in flashback.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually enjoyed Meredith and Nikki's early interaction (before Meredith turned bitchy later on in the episode) and it was nice to see Victor having to play (relatively) nice with Judge Gates. But how obvious and manipulative was having Chelsea go on and on and on about how great Jack & Phyllis are? Or how emotionally dead Nikki talking to Katherine was? (A scene that should have been a tearjerker). Or Chelsea and Adam trying to be all epically romantic and sweet? Not even close.

I suppose the ambiguity they are trying to portray regarding Victor and his connection to Meredith is interesting, but when you film Victor walking away in a scene that screams "I'm smiling behind her back!" but then don't actually have Victor show what his true intentions are is so confusing and such muddled execution. 

• Members

I hope AC ends up staying on Y&R for a while longer - she has taken a pretty nothing role and injected strength and warmth into it. I loved the scenes with Nikki and she does have good screen chemistry with EB (not romantic), but they work well together. 

The Sharon story has turned illogical. From the genesis - hiding the miscarriage to now hiding the truth. Only SC can actually make this nonsense actually play out, but the REAL Sharon would never do this to Nick. I'm just glad that they send CG back into this story. They really have missed the boat here exploring the Sharon/Mariah dynamic 

• Members

Yupper, I recall that one.  I was hoping another excuse was floated around on the days I didn't watch/fell asleep/didn't pay attention/didn't give af.

I do like the additions of Meredith and Travis, they both have a certain presence/charisma in their scenes that has me interested.  I'm holding out hope that TIIC don't completely screw their stories up but who am I kidding.  

Honestly, I'm a glass half full person IRL but when it comes to this show I've lost hope that things will ever get better.  I know it will never be like it was under Bell.  I just wish it were recognizable.  I suppose I suffered through worse with GL but this sucks just as bad.

• Members

LMAO!

Exactly. They're OK now but it will all fall apart soon because Pratt's writing.

Also,

I do not trust for a second they won't pair her with EB and it will be DISGUSTING and ruin her (that, and the stories, whichever comes first... or both at the same time).

And Travis will most likely by thrown way under the bus for Billeh.

You know, if they ever wanted that, or if the show was canceled, we could have that very easily with one simple hire.

• Members

It wasn't just you!.....that was definitely an old score! I appreciated that, though It's sad they only dig that music out of the archives whenever they show a flashback of an old scene....It's like they want to show they "care" about history, yet aren't generous enough to just restore the entire old background scores.

• Members

I like Sharon and Mariah's relationship.  Mariah may have spoken some hard truth to Sharon today, but I never felt that Mariah was anything but team Sharon. She sees her mother making a huge mistake and she's trying to stop her from making it even worse by continuing the lie. What Sharon is doing isn't just immoral, she's an accessory after the fact to kidnapping. She's know the truth for weeks.

Their conversation was also good in the sense that we finally got to hear Sharon talk about her own feelings for Christian. IDGAF about Dylan's hurt feelings or Sharon protecting him. However, when Sharon said she and Sully shared the mother/child bond and she's the only mother he knows, I could feel for her there. 

• Members

So...the GCPD is launching an investigation AND diggin up an old lady that's been dead a year based on a journal entry. WTF?!?!  If Victor set this up, how did he get ahold of Burning Bush's journal in the first place?  He copied her penmanship perfectly, or was someone in cahoots with him?  Or was it Burning Bush herself.  Either way, it's fuckin dumb.  No police dept would launch a full scale investigation based on a bullshit journal entry. :blink:

Sharon :( they are really making her look baaaad esp today.  

Luca and Travis look good together.  Lawd have mercy.  Anyway, as another poster mentioned, I can see Travis turning out to be either the real Gabriel or another Bingham boy.

• Members

That's a great question! Like I said they show dropped Noah, Marisa, and even doofus Kyle faster than a cat on a hot tin roof due to "lack of story" but still found they could work a Mariah/Kevin/Natalie triangle that nobody cares about? 

I agree this sudden red herring of Adam "murdering" Constance is very, very stupid. What Victor faked and forged a diary of Sage just like Adam had helped Jack doing with Victor back in 2008? This story should be wrapping up yet we still have Sharon, about to confess, decide to keep on lying. That's some James E. Reilly fakeoutness crap there. Seriously, this entire Christian/Sully baby swap/paternity switch story is quite possibly a contender for the WORST story in Y&R's forty-three years history, right up with the Silver Chipmunk, Skye's volcano death, Brad vs. the Nazi's, and Daisy Carter. 

• Members

Yes, they used one of the old scores (which sounded slightly altered) but it was also not the original music that accompanied those scenes.

Even after all these years, Victor's confrontation of his father is still so strong and memorable. Back when EB could still combine yelling with acting, and was still soulful. His breaking down outside the room was utterly heartbreaking.

Every episode, every week, every storyline of Sharon's just serves to make her worse and worse. My God. How low will they sink?

Tracey Bregman and Melody Scott did amazing work in the episode.

• Members

I think the only reason they did the flashback of Victor and his father was because they wanted to do a tribute on screen to that television legend. That being said I thought it was a classy thing to do (for a change.)

Archived