B&B - May 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree the baby reveal is anti-climatic it seemed so self-contained..I'm sure the fall out is coming  hopefully it'll have a bigger boom....but Katy's whole tone is off.  She didn't wait 2 mins before she runs to  Caroline preaching ... right after being pushy - preachy with Ridge for a few eppys.  I guess since Caroline is her husband' niece but she just still seemed out of place in this.  

But Ridge telling her in the first place was a big wth?  He could have easily held her off  she didn't have that much that couldn't have been explained away...but he just caved.  Then 2 seconds after he confides to her she's giving him an ultimatum...if you don't tell him I will...I hope she takes her ass home now.  For some reason her scenes just got on my nerves.

I FF through Steffy Liam Wyatt storyline  I'm sick of the Spencer brothers competing for the same woman its real old.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I dont get about Katie is how she hates on Brooke for interfering in her marriage, yet thats exactly what she is doing with Caroline and Ridge. NONE of this is any of her business so she should have left it all alone

IA with others, that if they were going to have an instigator here, it should have been Brooke bc she was actually involved in this story when it started. Katie involved is completely out of left field

Liam to Wyatt: "I know Ive told you this before...." Okay, then why are you repeating it? Im sure you will again tomorrow....

• Members

I know B&B has better writers than to saddle Ridge with he's going to stay my son to keep FC and everyone employed. I really couldn't believe they wrote that. Only someone like TK could keep it from being completely laughable. And it didn't help that DIH ('deer in headlights') is so awful in these type of intense dramatic scenes. I felt nothing - at least with the Avant reveal, the weakest links (Sasha and Julius) rise with RE/AMH as scene partners. Those actors made me care about a story I had little interest in prior to a couple of weeks ago. 

• Members

Ha…if only they would stop dressing him with those pinks and other ugly colors and those darn big ties.

Agreed!:wub:

Please register in order to view this content

But I saw him way before you and Ive chatted with him…bwhahaha….

• Members

agreed! As these baby stories dominate, I wish Rick and Caroline had gotten drunk together and the baby was his - would've kept that foursome going AND I guarantee you scenes with JY/LG would have been far better than those we've seen. LG is carrying the weight here and the Thomas/Caroline/Ridge story is just not compelling at all. 

And what exactly is Katie getting out of fhis? It illogical for her to be this involved 

• Members

At the risk of torturing myself for an extra half hour in addition to watching Y&R on a daily basis I decided to watch B&B again for the first time in a year and found it bad but not too bad:

The Thomas/Caroline/Ridge story is stupid. It's a typical trashy B&B paternity story, it reminds me of that dreadful Owen/Bridget story from a few years ago. What stake does Katie have in it? I do miss Drew Tyler Bell I guess he quit acting? 

The Avant family drama is actually interesting. I like Rick and Maya, and yes Jacob Young has grown up superbly and turned out to be great actor, far away from his first run. 

What do you guys think about Quinn? Not always been a fan of show cancelling Rena Sofer, her going Morgan DeWitt on Liam was pretty hokey. Nice to see Deacon hanging around town here. 

Whatever happened to Brooke, RJ, and Hope anyways? 

• Members

1. Because Ridge's reasons for keeping the paternity a secret. Its all about his bruised ego.

2. Ridge has NO say in the baby. Its not his. He is only the grandfather….Thomas is the father.

3. Ridge is just stupid period.

4. Caroline is stupid too and I miss the old feisty Caroline.

5. Because Katie is involved. Why?

6. Because Rick didn't blab the big secret and then rub it in Ridge's face.

• Members

Caroline doesn't blame Thomas for them having sex. The problem is that B&B had Caroline black out and be shocked she had sex with Thomas the next morning. She mixed a pill with booze, and Thomas had no idea she would not remember. He thought she consented, but it was dubious at best. So part of the audience feels like this made Thomas into a creepy rapist. 

Archived