Daytime Emmy Winners 2016

Soapsuds

• Members

It was shi tty…..it was all about Luke….and thats what they submitted…I am glad it wasn't televised on TV….this year was even worse than last years telecast….awarding mediocre to awful performances and writing is terrible. Thats why soaps are where they are now and their awards not televised…truly deserved ..

I just realized that MBE won 3 Emmys this weekend….one for actress for the online soap…one for the show she produces and now for lead actress for Days...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am so over the moon for Tyler Christopher. I was seemingly the only one pulling for him here. Is there any way to see video of him & the others' wins? Did it not stream at all? I hope the wins were taped and will be posted somewhere :(

I also 100% think Bryan Craig deserved his Emmy as well as B&B for writing.

GH Best Drama Series & Directing? Embarrassing. True O'Brien winning is a close second. Extremely tragic, ALL of it. No.

• Members

you can see all the acting and best show reels at.  soapcentral.com

honestly, I'm not a big Tyler Christopher fan, but his reel was really strong, and he deserved to win for his scenes with Spencer after S. was burned in the fire.

Of Course, crying in an Emmy reel, or screaming your lines, is a good way to win the Emmy. Subtle acting almost never pays off. Justin Hartley was outstanding in his reel -- as he is most days -- but he was subtle, nuanced, genuine, and authentic.  Hence, no Emmy.

• Members

As glad as I am to hear about MBE's wins, I think tonight was just one more, painful reminder of how far this industry has fallen.  This year, they weren't televised.  Next year, they'll just FedEx the winners their trophies and call it a day.

• Members

LOL what a joke. No wonder that [!@#$%^&*] wasn't televised.

And LOL at how Jessica Collins and Sean Blakemore are no longer with their shows. Happy for their wins though.

LMAO at True and Bryan winning. True started to grow on me but I don't think Bryan's good at all, sorry.

I guess B&B should get best writing. None of the others deserved it. And GH winning best show isn't a huge surprise considering it's based on an episode or two.

LOL at Tyler Christopher beating Geary. I'm glad he won, I've always liked him and he can turn in work if given the chance, or he's not being lazy.

LOOOOOVE Mary Beth Evans! So happy for her.

• Members

Love Jessica Collins winning, and Y&R not getting anything else. If it is a minor step to the current regime being fired, then let it be so. (Even though Daytime Emmys mean nothing anymore.)

• Members

Watching the telecast now and it looks so cheap…even the music….LOL…..Bryan Craig had a speech prepared…someone was positive he'd win…when his name was announced his gf/wife to be costar wouldn't let him go……and after his speech was over they panned the camera to Jason Thompson who had an expression on his face that said how the !@#$%^&*] did he win?….LOL……The directors of GH won and go on stage with Amsterdam TG cheering….ugh a pan to Michelle Stafford…blah…..GH director says how they are still alive on air producing great shows…blah whatever.

Archived