Me Before You

YRBB

• Members

I was gonna skip even watching the trailer but then gave it a shot. Emilia Clarke's performance here looks FANTASTIC (and so different than Daenerys!), realized Charles Dance and Brendan Coyle are in it and Sam Claflin is the gorgeous male lead.

Sold. I'm gonna go buy the book, read it, and cry.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm looking forward to this because I like Emilia and Sam.  Have you seen "Love, Rosie"?  It's another romance movie with Sam, and I really loved it. And it made me notice Lily Collins :wub:  :)  It's now on my 'Repeat List" of movies I'll watch every couple of years. LOL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I finally saw this and thought it was lovely. Funny, sweet, and, yes, it may break your heart. I can see why people thought the handling of disabled people was "clumsy" or "irresponsible" or whatever, but I took it as a story of this particular man, not a general comment on what should happen in these cases, and appreciated their determination to see it through.

I think Clarke did an excellent job, Claflin was as charming as ever, a good supporting cast, and their chemistry was GREAT. 

Overall, it is an incredibly charming movie even if it frustrates you.

@dragonflies did you ever see this?

• Administrator

Surprisingly, I didn't really like it.  I thought I would from the trailer.  There weren't many great scenes in terms of romance or memorable scenes.  The best one was the wheel-chair-wedding-scenes.  I thought Emilia made too many facial expressions - must've been the director's choice?  And I thought Sam Claflin's character was too much of a dick. 

Archived