Y&R Actress Out

• Members

They really hammered the fact she was dead - Sharon closing her eyes, and then Nick identifying her dead body. They went out of their way to make it brutally final. 

I wonder how Sage/Sullivan fell out of Pratt and JFP's good graces, they went out of their way to prop the hell out of her over the past year and a half, to ultimately kill her in a very final and crass way. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I laughed at how abrupt her death was, it really was like they wanted or were ordered to kill Sage ASAP.  A few minutes and she's dead with her eyes open, propped up against a rock. They didn't even care to show EMTs or hospital working on her, they just had her DOA at the rock.

They tried to force her down viewers throats so much and this is how they kill her? LOL 

• Members

Who wanted her out, CBS or Sony?

The character, or what she became within months of her arrival, didn't work. I thought she was fine in doses when she came on as a quieter, more mysterious character with dark hair, working with Hartley in that shadowy mansion - that was an idea that was decent. But the character couldn't have gone very far regardless, and pairing her with Nick (and turning her blonde again) was a mistake. It was just another lame triangle. She overstayed her welcome.

The brutal way they killed her here actually reminds me a bit of how we hear about the old, old school soaps of the '60s and '70s viciously dispensing with characters at key moments to prolong drama. That's not to say any of this is at that level at all, but there is a basis. Sage was extraneous to the show and could've ended a (lame) story. She had served her function. So they iced her.

• Members

With the ratings slide, I doubt that either Pratt or JFP have the completely free hand that they once enjoyed.  I actually see Stause as a salve, waiting in the wings, once it became obvious that Sage became a bust of a character.

When they paired her with Nick and lightened the hair, most of us knew this was a fatal error.  Sage worked so much better as a peripheral character to the Adam story but heaven forbid Nick (or even Sharon, for that matter) be without a partner for more than two minutes.  Then they floated her between a few degrees away from becoming 'Connie crazy' or this syrupy sweet Stepford Newman wife.  It was a mess!  In a way, it reminds me of what happened to Kelly after Cynthia Watros departed, except Y&R pulled back from making Sage crazy (had she stayed, rest assured, it was coming).

This is what happens when you don't plan out a character well enough before forcing her/him into a major story or a visible coupling.  The character flops.

• Members

When Jean and Shelly created Sage they had the right idea. Jean is good at writing women of mystery it was right up her alley but smarttv left us and Sage started to suck. Oh well Jean should bring her back to GH as a new character 

• Members

Exactly. Unless they were going to bring MM back as "Adam" and make JT really "Gabriel," there was no reason for Burning Bush to stick around. I will say that the character was written far better starting around Xmas, but even the baby switch story can play out even better with Sharon, Nick, Adam, Chelsea, Dylan and Victor - there is a lot of material for all of those characters in this story. In fact, it IS better without the birth mother just getting kid back as per standard. 

Archived