Y&R Actress Out

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do shows continue to give main characters children with disposable characters? That I don't understand. That's how I feel about Chealsea, she's been on the show for years but if she left the show would hardly be impacted however we'd be stuck with her kid with Adam.

These shows live for sucking the dramatic potential out of every story and I just do not get it. Just when you think there's going to be a confrontation or a dramatic reveal they do all they can to avoid it. It's crazy.

• Members

With what limited skill TPTB possess, they really tried to make Sage happen but finally realized it was too late to generate any interest longterm.  People who are whining about her departure should realize that without Adam and Sharon to prop her, there was nothing there!  They had a character with a nothing characterization trying to drive story?  There was never going to be any other result other than a FAIL.

• Members

nah, she will more than likely return to GH (GH producers thinking they scored some kind of win... :rolleyes:) as Connie (the altar, to be pared w/ Franco most likely) and we will find out she faked her death or something stupid, to get Ava out of the hole they wrote her into so long ago, and it will probably be after Sunny finally 'gets his revenge' and Ava's in a coma... and the joke will be on Sunny. :lol:

currently, there is a SL on this show where a 10 (?) year old has it out for his dad & stepmom, and killed their unborn baby... I think this is Y&R's lighthearted entertainment, seeing as how Sharon's a victim too, Adam's the devil incarnate (a rewrite & recast doesn't erase all his sins), and supposedly the baby's not Nick's, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members

I haven't seen anyone here whine about her departure.  I'm not happy about the timing because we put up with her for months and than right at the reveal they kill her. That's crazy and the same WTF as with Dr. Anderson. Months of an annoying character only to die when she could finally be useful if only for a couple of more weeks, but whatever.

That's Y&R these days always dropping the ball when it counts. I'm used to this show disappointing me. It' still better than Days, so there's that.

Maybe, although I've really felt for the better part of a year that her death was coming. When she was mean to Faith and than the way she reacted to people trying to comfort her when Christian died, even at the time I said her days were numbered.

• Members

@Juliajms, not on this board there isn't but I made the mistake of reading an article about it on another site and the comments section was filled with people threatening to not watch the show ever again (lol).  It was probably the same small circle of people but boy, were they gnashing their collective teeth!

Honestly, I thought Y&R was going to have her go crazy and have Paul or someone have to shoot her or something.  

I do agree, that TPTB seemed to try to make Sage a bit more palatable for a moment but it was too late by then.  Months ago, when I was still catching an episode here and there, I commented that they should've left Sage as a peripheral character for awhile longer, involve her in an umbrella story which would reveal more of a character and backstory before plunging her into a leading role, it might have given the audience a chance to actually give a damn about this character, but instead the writing was slapdash and all over the place for Sage, reminiscent of how the Kelly character was written with little consideration for character development.  I guess they figured, it would look to obvious to make Sage crazy (although we saw flashes that they were thinking of 'going there') so they changed their minds and just unceremoniously killed her off.

It's no great loss but interesting to analyze the latest character fail.

• Members

670a5f87b32057dd1c200b0c1b076b14_bigger. Joshua MorrowVerified account @JoshuaMorrowYR Apr 29

You were the best and am so proud of your work....consummate pro and I miss u every day..thanks 4 being you kid

• Members

Nah I largely felt indifferent about both Sage and Sullivan. I just didn't like the Nick and Sage pairing at all, it was so vapid and sleep inducing. Sullivan came alive in scenes with Hartley, Egan, and Case and was better as supporting, not leading actress. That said, while I'm glad Sage is out of the picture, I didn't like the manner in which she was killed off just after learning Christian was her son. I'd rather her just leave town at story's end. 

Archived