Brian Frons Update

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone that is in charge of a Day part and a cable network and allows them to fail doesnt know [!@#$%^&*]. And he also did the same at CBS and NBC. Those students dont need Frons to give them guidance and education. They should use him as an example of the type of businessman not to be.

• Members

The shows failed b/c of his nepotism and constant interference. That still doesn't take away from his business savviness. I can't stand Frons like the next person, but the man has longevity in the business and he did something right to have lasted that long. Again, I think his primary issue is that he didn't know how to stay in his lane like many modern 'suits.' They need to stick to the business aspect of the industry and leave the storytelling to the professionals.

• Members

If his business is killing soaps, he certainly excelled at that. He hated SFT so much he killed it twice.

Soapnet was also a belly flop even after he tried to run from soaps and instead have Canadian imports and Southern Belles of Butcher Hollow, so he didn't succeed there either.

• Members

True. 

I'm just saying from a numbers and business standpoint, he was good ... or at least decent. I do think that Soapnet was good in it's beginning when it ran classic soaps, but when he steered from that, it was shot to hell. 

I just don't think it's farfetched for him to be a guest professor b/c he does have insight in the industry that many people (including myself) would like to hear. Again, he failed to realize he should've stuck to running the lineup rather than dictating story. 

Archived