Who was the last best actor(find) on soaps?

• Members

I don't think there has been a good actor find in years. I think the last one I can recall is Allyson Rice back in 91, Id also give an honorable mention to Eric Sheffer Stevens. The acting(good actors) hasn't been great or even good since back in the early 80's.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

!??!?!?!?!?!!? Are you seriously saying that you believe there have been absolutely no good actors/actresses hired on soaps in the last 25 years? What exactly is the definition of "good" here, because I can name tons of people who turned in solid performances on the regular. If I couldn't do that, then I wouldn't know why I watched the shows for so long.

The last new cast member that I really grew to love on ABCAMC was Christina Bennett Lind as Bianca. For PPAMC, it would be Eric Nelsen, and for ATWT, definitely ESS.

• Members

That kid that played young Luke on GH for the anniversary show.  In a better era on all the soaps, TPTB would have signed that guy up and created a role for him.  The actress playing his sister was pretty great too.  Both way better than the young leads the show is using currently.

• Members

In the mid 90's I thought there were a lot of good finds on GH-Jonathan Jackson, Amber Tamblyn, Sarah Brown, Vanessa Marcil, Michael Sutton, and, yes even Steve Burton even Tyler Christopher and Rebecca Herbst were great finds in the later 90's.  Post 2000,  I am drawing a blank Chad Duell maybe? Jason Thompson?

Days-Jensen Ackles was  good find in the 90's.  More recently Kate Mansi and Ashley Benson and both actors that played Chad (Sorry totally blanking on their names right now  Casey Dedrick?)  I thought Jay Kenneth Johnson was a good find.  I thought the young Ciara was great Lauren Boles (sp?).  Freddie Smith and Chandler Massey were also decent finds.

B&B- Karla Mosely

• Members

That should have happened to Sean Douglas (Vargas) and Paul Telfer (Xander) on DAYS. They were both incredibly sexy, charismatic, talented, and veiwers were gagging for more, but TPTB had no idea what they had before they threw them away. Of course, DAYS usually gets it wrong in a myriad of areas, moreso than the other soaps, I reckon.

Michael B. Jordan is a front runner. I don't know if he ever got any good material to show his talent on AMC, but his success speaks for itself.

Archived