Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan exit drama

DRW50

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Such a smart power move. She talked about being allowed to be part of the conversation, about respect in the workplace, and basically made Disney look like a bunch of good ole boys making decisions in their high glass towers with another good ole boy (Strahan) with no consideration for the 'lil lady' who represents the show. She highlighted how far women still need to come in order to be taken seriously in the workplace -- while at the same time she showed the PTB that when it comes to public support, she is the one with marketable power. I was surprised at how smart she came across. She turned it all around from a few days before when the media was bitching about her being a spoiled diva and not knowing her place.

Having said that, I still wonder if Disney will renege and cancel the show to make way for an extra hour of GMA, just to show Ripa who is boss. 

• Members

I'm good with this as well.  If Strahan had stuck around until September, then it might have made for an awkward summer.  But this decision might give everyone time to put the controversy, or whatever remains of it after today, in their metaphorical rearview mirrors.

• Members

Watching the YT clip of her return speech I immediately was reminded of the classic golden age of Kathie Lee looking into the camera hijacking the show with her own personal drama.   That above clip where he said he was willing to come back and she had this expression of "thanks but never gonna happen" said it all.   His love for her is fake, her being proud of him is fake, the standing ovation was ridiculous, and I read now he is out not in September, but May.   I don't think they can get away from each other fast enough.

Archived