Y&R Casting

• Members

Why are you comparing her to younger actresses? She's almost 40 compare her to the women her age range. And who has she ever acted circles around? She flopped on DAYS too. Her character eating up screentime made it easy for me to tune out of AMC. Let her stick to her crapppy Lifetime movies. 

Exactly! I couldn't stand her "look at my boobs" acting on AMC.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't wish Lindsay Hartley on Y&R or any soap at this point.....though if the show were in a better place I think she would rock as some lady lawyer who's also John Silva's long lost daughter.....but after they screwed over Rafe, it would be the same result....

• Members

Lindsay Hartley is good but her role on Days flopped largely due to the writing of a crappy character (a saccharine heroine as a former drug dealer/runner...really??)  and the desperation to repair her with Eric Martsolf when the two had no chemistry; she had something good with James Scott they didn't explore it too much like they should/could have. 

Pratt would probably cast Lindsay as a back from the dead Skye just have it be ironic that she'd be playing Adam's ex. 

• Members

I wish the writers weren't so clueless on developing Arianna some more, as I think since it seems like her whole family has become more mainstay, she should still be around....especially for Gabi.....

it seems like she has at least gotten back in the spotlight with 2-3 movies that just came out or coming out....she's always been one of my favs...her and Kim Ulrich who I'm scratching my head as to why we don't see more of her.....

• Members

The day I beg for any soap to snatch up Raccoon Eyes is the day I turn in my Soap Opera Fan Card.  No disrespect to LH's fans, but IMO, she is atrocious.

Seriously, Toups, CS might be a stunner in the looks department, but what does she bring to the table, acting-wise?  And shouldn't THAT be what is most important?

• Members

I agree. I thought Arianna had potential when she was opposite EJ. That was DAYS issue during that era. They snatched and grabbed all those Passions stars and tried to redo their popular pairing on DAYS. 

With Chrishell, again, why not cast her as a legacy character? She could've been Julia's daughter, Jamie. That would've given her a character that would've instantly put her right in the center of the Newman clan w/o trying--a move they are gonna most likely do anyways. 

• Members

She mentioned her when he popped up in '02 and reading old SOD recaps of Y&R as of late, it does say she had a little a girl post Victor with a man named Eric Garrison. Would've made more sense to bring CS on as her as it is obvious they are gonna toss her in the Newman family orbit. At least then it'd play of Victor's backstory somewhat.

Archived