Actors who didn't improve or got worse during their time on soaps?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure Ronn Moss deserves a pass. I doubt all the vitriol his wife spewed when he left BB was her opinion alone.

Moss, Shawn Christian, Eric Braeden, Hunt Block, Josh Morrow, Icky Paull Goldin, Austin Peck, come to mind immediately. I sincerely doubt any male on GH has improved. Ian Buchanan shocked me at how bad he was, as opposed to his B&B stuff.

KKL---God love her (and I liked a lot of things about Brooke longer than I probably should have) hasn't really grown as an actress. Any time the emmy discussion roles around, and someone suggests she's been "overlooked" for her work, I giggle. Same with Melody Thomas Scott. She's a decent actress in a role that was tailored to her.

• Members

These two OWN this thread. Because they started off fairly decently but have been coasting for a thousand years ever since.

9726653-large.jpg

michael-eastin-general-hospital.jpg

I give Ronn Moss and Drake Hogestyn a pass. They know what they were hired for, and that was for some egregious (and shirtless) smell-the-fart acting.

tumblr_inline_mljaqulp5k1qz4rgp.gif

• Members

Oh, Drake is no master thespian and I think he knows that, but he is entertaining and he does drive stories.  He has some charisma for sure or he wouldn't have lasted this long.  His "acting" to me is much more fun to watch than those who are trying to be academy award winners with their fake tears and deep emotions.  He just is what he is and owns it.

I would include my girl Vanessa Marcil and Maurice Bernard on this list because they used to be good.  MB phones it in and VM couldn't have looked less disinterested if she tried in her 2010 return.  When she returned for the Nurses Ball she seemed to actually care more.  And of course, Tony Geary who checked out of GH in about 1996

• Members

I love Vanessa too but I would definitely agree with that. And that Nurse's Ball return then made me wish she would come back all over again! The light in her and MB's eyes...

I never saw the hype about TG. I know that is blasphemy to say, but he acted like he had just rolled out of bed 5 minutes before and strolled into the studio and "Oh hey, yeah, let's do this sh*t." His attitude was so bad. I entirely don't blame him as a lot of the material GH has had in the last 15 years has been excrement, but even the material HE wanted and suggested was played like he couldn't give two f*cks.

Archived