GH Actress announces her divorce

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've noticed the latest PR spin is for people to say they are going to continue to be a family.  I don't think I've seen divorce work like that even once in my entire life. Not really. I've seen people stay cordial and manage to co- parent of course, but even that is relatively rare. The older I get the more PR spin makes me roll my eyes.

• Members

I don't understand JJ.  They have clearly been living apart for over a year (LW's statement) and are now divorced.  They don't have a strange living arrangement where they are co-parenting in the same house. Looks as if LW got the house from the pics she's posted.  

• Members

I was just nit picking the part where it says they will remain a family of four. It's new thing that has popped up in celebrity PR statements. I know I shouldn't even care, but I've been seeing it more and more lately and it's just more eye roll worthy to me than the usual rote statements, I guess.

• Members

You know, someone basically asked LW that question.  Was that you?  lol

Who knows.  They were together since they were 14 and 15 years old.  Some people outgrow each other. They had been separated for over a year and decided they didn't have a marriage to save.  

• Members

I used to feel that way, but now that I'm older I've seen a lot of divorces in the people a decade older than me. A lot of times it's as simple as a cheating scenario. Someone got bored and wanted something different. Then there's the growing apart thing or the familiarity breeds contempt scenario. It's just that there usually is a lot of bitterness, which is why these PR statements always just strike me as ridiculous. In LW's case she's not a big enough star that many people would notice her marital situation. If not for this board I never would have.  In the case of big celebrities we often know the ugly reality anyway.

• Members

My parents divorced after 25 years after knowing one another since junior high.  I always knew it wasn't the greatest marriage and they mostly stuck together because of kids and familiarity of one another.  I wasn't shocked at all when they told me they were divorcing.  In fact, they probably would have been happy and healthier divorcing early because even kids are aware if there is tension.  Not saying this is the case with LW or anything just that it does happen a lot.  My husband's parents divorced after 20+ years as well.  He left the minute the youngest finish high school and married his secretary lol!  I don't think it's that uncommon.  I applaud those who can co-parent successfully and still like one another after a divorce, but I sorta of think it's really hard and rare.  But, hey, Brian Austin Green just knocked up Megan Fox and they are still divorcing so who knows?

Archived