Pairings/Couples that never worked!

• Members

Frannie Hughes and Sean Baxter on ATWT. Sean looked as gay as a picnic basket. I believe they finally recast with Mark Lewis. And wasn't he married to MES in real life? I liked the pairing when Mark was in the role but then I think they just fizzled.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Katie & Jack (ATWT)

Olivia & Natalia (GL) Yep. I said it. 

Jake & Vicky (AW) Better as friends. Never should've been made a couple. 

Paulina & Joe (AW)

Vicky & Shane (AW)

Felicia & John (AW) I liked the pairing but I know majority of the fans did not. 

Reva & Buzz (GL)

Babs & Henry (ATWT) I personally never bought them and never will. 

Jack & Janet (ATWT)

• Members

And I +1'ed it.  Call me (overly) cynical, but I felt like GL was pandering toward the youth -- not to mention, the LGBT community -- in a desperate (and despicable) bid for attention, higher ratings, and relevance.  Not one moment of Otalia felt genuine to me.  At all.

Here's one that might surprise (and yes, anger) people: AMC's Jack and Erica.  To me, those two never worked, no matter how hard, or how often, the show tried.

• Members

Bobbie and Roy part 2.  I think it fizzled, and of course, JFP's sidelines  Zeman and not A.

Sonny and Angel and Sonny and Hannah.  Ugh.

Sam and Nora OLTL-  just awful.  

Those four seem to have been largely I disliked by many, and yet forced down viewers throats for at least a year.  I would add personally I also never liked or bought Erica and Jackson, but I get that for many that was a good pairing.

• Members

I think you are on the ball. It's obvious they did this romance as a ratings boost and that's why I never bought it. I could believe Luke being gay on ATWT as he SORASed and his sexuality became his first big story. We watched Olivia run through man and be a man-eater. I would've believed it more if she was bisexual and we saw her experiment with Natalia then had this epiphany that she was into women too. Same with Natalia, who spent her first year lusting after Gus. I just never bought these two as lesbian lovers. Maybe it's just me b/c I am part of LGBT, but I just find insta-gay stories insulting. 

With Jack and Erica, I never bought them either. I always felt Jack was too mature for Erica at times, and she was too vapid. I think that Jack was just enamored by the thought being with Erica but it was never bound to work. At least not for me. 

Other couples I'd like to add: 

Billy & Victoria (YR) I will NEVER buy this pairing. 

Sharon & Adam (YR) After what he did, I thought it was appalling how still put Sharon with him. No sane woman would do that. 

Victor & Sharon (YR) Just gross. Totally ruined their father/daughter relationship, which I loved. 

Brooke & Bill (B&B) I'd like to think that Brooke has boundaries given her past but obviously she doesn't.

Hope & Rafe (DAYS) Just ugh....

Daniel & ANYBODY (DAYS)

Nicole & ANYBODY (DAYS)

• Members

Yes they did! I didn't mind him and Chloe until they tossed Kate under the bus for them by having her poison Chloe in the process. I thought that was so stupid and unnecessary and the first time I started to loathe the character. 

Daniel and Carly had chemistry and I would've bought the pairing had it not seemed like they were thrown together to make Melanie happen.

• Members

Oh boy, where the heck to begin?!

For starters, let me start off with the usual suspects....

ATWT: 

Jack and Katie

Holden and Carly

Craig and Meg

Hal and Emily

AW: 

Jake and Vicky

Michael and Donna

Michael and Sharlene

John and Felicia

B&B: 

Thomas and Gaby 

Nick and Bridget 

Rick and Steffy

Rick and Taylor

Days: 

Daniel and anybody(well maybe except Kate)

Roman and Kate

Rafe and Carrie

Shawn D and Mimi

GL: 

Buzz and Reva

Reva and Noah

Rick and Harley

Daisy and Grady or whatever the hell that was about!

Y&R: 

Nick and Sage

Kevin and Chloe

Billy and Victoria

Adam and Sharon

Archived