DAYS: Melissa Reeves Interview

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jennifer Horton is my favourite DAYS heroine. I was completely gutted when Melissa Reeves supported that homophobic organization. However, I truly believe she was being ignorant, not hateful. It was also at the time that Jennifer herself wasn't remotely herself with that horrible Daniel pairing, so it was a hard time to be a fan of hers. But I think she and Jennifer have turned a huge corner ever since she and Daniel split up and Casey Moss was brought on as J.J. Jack has been well remembered again as the love of her life. Healing the Jennifer character has helped me heal on my opinion regarding a stupid tweet the actress put out into the world, and bias clouding my judgment or not, I'm a fan of hers again.This interview reminded me of the actress I loved.  I can understand if others don't want to give her another chance, but I can't give up on her like that. I'm too invested. 

However, a joke is still a joke. I always welcome humour to any situation. The filthiest comedians are usually my favourites, from Sarah Silverman to Frankie Boyle, so jokes at the expense of my favourites never bother me, unless they're just not funny, of course.

I also disagree that Melissa Reeves didn't deserve her nomination. Ever since they focused on Jennifer being a mother, Reeves has shown absolutely no signs of phoning it in. The reels themselves show she deserves it. And yes, I hope she wins. I would be ecstatic for her.

• Members

Just speaking for myself, I have no problem with anyone wanting to give Reeves a chance or appreciating her work as Jennifer. I've always thought she did some great work as Jennifer and I think Jennifer is, or should be, an integral part of DAYS. The main reason I responded was because there's this idea that people were just unhappy because of some type of opinion that didn't support being gay. Whatever her intention was, the organizations Chick-Fil-A donated to went far beyond that type of basic disagreement. I don't think she should be eternally dragged to hell for it, and my response was more to the comment I replied to than to Reeves herself.

Archived