GH Casts New Nurse

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-taps-new-nurse

Risa Dorken will make her GH debut on May 4 as a new hospital staffer named Amy. Both Amy's name and personality bear quite a resemblence to Amy Vining, the long-running nurse played by the late Shell Kepler; Amy is described as “a spunky new nurse who just can’t help herself from gossiping and putting her nose in other’s business.” 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She'll have Pet #1 (McBain - Stephen - Silas - Finn) and Pet #2 (Griffin) to talk to. And Elizabeth. And Obrecht. And Felix. And Lucas if they give him airtime.

The hospital needs fleshing out. It's been nice seeing Monica more and they're bringing Piph out of the attic again ...

But she could be a nice nod to the original Amy.

• Members

I love it!  And it's about time!  It's time for the soaps on air to start reinventing the wheel so to speak...what I mean by this is where the next characters to carry the soap forward like those past characters did.  Where's the next Alan and Monica?  Rick Webber? Luke and Laura? Edward and Lila? Scotty? Sean? Tiffany?  Anna and Robert? Frisco and Felicia? and so forth.  I could go on and on, lol!  But I'm looking for that Alan/Monica/Rick/Leslie quadrangle type story that drove much story back in the day.  Where are my next WSB agents and going up against the Asian Quarters.  I think   Where are my next Steve and Audrey Hardy?  I just think it's about time to bring forward our vets more and when casting new characters or characters who have connections to legacy characters establish them better with backgrounds and story.  I'm not saying reincarnate the same storylines, but I am saying to craft storylines that possess similarities and pull in the fans like it once used to.  The problem with soaps now is they think we don't want to see that type of storytelling anymore, but the reality is we do.  Think about the many prime time shows on air now that are pushing the envelope with danger, romance, sex, passion, deceit, and so much more.  We all understand that daytime is limited with going to racy and provocative, but daytime soaps used to be racy and provocative on different levels.  This casting is a move in that direction.

I remember Amy being a gossip and very quirky.  I loved her character for that personality and it added so much to the show and hospital then.  I hope they do the character justice and write her correctly.  I hope that she is the daughter of Amy Vinings and interacts alot with Laura.  I hope that she becomes a best friend to Liz.  What I don't want them to do right away is throw her into a romance.  I like the attention being put into the hospital and I hope it continues.  Make the hospital the focal point again where many storylines and romances happen.  Make Port Charles the main character again where the citizens of Port Charles interact with the city and not the other way around.  Oh yeah I like the Dr. Monroe, Duke's son!

Archived