DAYS: Return revealed in photo from set...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love if they used this to address the fact that he killed EJ. It's crazy Stefano never learned that. 

Read is very good. And he worked better and better as Clyde the more they stopped caring about making us like him and just made him a gross lunatic.

• Members

LOL.

They sort of left him hanging I guess but I really don't care about Clyde or seeing him again. I know a lot of people fell all over themselves for James Read and Clyde but eh ... I finally enjoyed him as a villain during the Aiden turns evil debacle. He was fantastically bad. Beforehand? No thanks. Hope the writing is there.

• Members

well it wasnt a nothing role. His character was quite significant under the previous writers. it felt like too much of the show was revolving around Clyde as they made him the town bad guy to replace Stefano and Victor

whats there to wrap up? With Stefano dead, they wasted that opportunity. There is no one in town that would really care, except I guess maybe Chad. The only thing left to do is wrap up Sami's story as she left to go find EJ. I really dont see them really messing with the Clyde angle of this plot

• Members

thats semantics. The fact is he hired  someone to kill EJ, who did just that. Under the law, he would be guilty. The show left it open for EJ to return, but they have not confirmed that he is alive and therefore is dead. Clyde is responsible for that and even he thinks he got EJ killed

• Members

He did not hire anyone to kill EJ. Clyde talked to EJ's henchman Miguel about expanding the drug business. Later during a confrontaton, EJ punched Clyde. Miguel shot EJ and Clyde was furious that Miguel acted on his own. Clyde later had Jeremiah kill Miguel.

I don't understand why so many fans feel the need to rewrite stuff that we saw play out on-screen. It's bad enough when the writers do it.

• Members

But he was responsible for EJ's death. It's dramatically unsatisfying for that never to have been a factor in the story. It's bad, lazy writing. Stefano DiMera, of all people, wouldn't have been like, "Oh, you were actually mad at the guy who pulled the trigger? Never mind, then!"

Archived