DAYS casting old role

• Members

I was searching my brain to think of an actress from the 70's that would fit in the age range of Tina Andrews.  Tina should be offered the role first and she said she was open to it, but knowing how Days is, they will not bother and go with someone else. I think Tonya Lee Williams from Y&R would be a good Valerie. She was born in 1958, so she is closer to Tina's age.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA, dragonflies.  If Tina Andrews is interested in returning, then why not just ask her?  Plus, it appears DAYS wants Valerie back as a recurring character, so she might be able to do the role and still pursue writing and directing projects (maybe).  

• Members

I'm fine with Andrews returning in the role but why are people stanning so hard for it? Not saying here but she was in the role for a couple of years. The role was recast other times. I'm open to a recast. I do think they should at least approach and ask her first.

• Members

Probably because she played one of the only black female leads in the show's history, the other one having died of Salem Park Bench tumours.

I think, despite her short time on the show, the fan reaction would indicate they're possibly tapping into something that could be exciting for the show, and she'd be easy to build a family around.

• Members

Well that's true. Flashbacks would be nice.

Interesting so far under Quan and Higley Laura and Valerie are coming back. Yeah they're guest/recurring and will be probably be misused and dropped (sorry, I know I'm probably a downer at times but I know my show, sadly), but it's definitely interesting, and nice. Of course the show's bled to death returns of so many others they kind of have to start looking outside the box, imo, which is why it's so annoying how many opportunities they've had to use Sarah instead of some random. Wouldn't Sarah at her mother's bedside be more impactful (as they make amends from a long estrangement) over some random basic named Summer? Who's already out? Anywho .... my dead-horse beating rant is over. LOL

• Members

Canadian pride tells me I must support the idea of Tonya Lee Williams, if a recast happens. I watched Polka Dot Door just like any other Canuck.

However, the shame of it all is that this will just turn out to be a another in a long line of disappointments. I'd be more excited if this was 10 years ago and I was a lot more naive about it all.

Archived