DAYS casting old role

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally forgot about that. That's just how forgettable Lani is. 

All this family bonding off-screen is reminiscent of Paul Rauch's Guiding Light in the late 90's when all the action apparently happened off-screen (Buzz/Jenna, David/Vicki, Matt/Vanessa, etc.) for characters they didn't really want to write for. 

• Members

In a perfect world, one where soaps are progressive and DAYS is being handled by people who know what they are doing, this would lead to a re-introduction of David Banning as well.  That way, the show could restart the David/Valerie romance, in a story about former lovers, kept apart by small-town bigotry, reuniting at last.  It would be a sensitive, mature love story that would help illustrate how far we, and certainly the soaps, have come since the 1970's.

I'm just saying.

• Members

Now, I know for a FACT Dena been stealing my ideas! LOL

Since she's only on recurring, and none of the characters she interacted with are on much anymore except Marlena, I'm curious how they'll tie her in or keep her around.

But knowing DAYS, she'll just be a doctor in the hospital that Marlena talks to once in awhile while making eyes at Abe. I'd LOVE for them to build a family around her character, but it won't happen, I'm sure.

• Members

Khan is right that it would actually be a fantastic idea and would establish a very different kind of potential 'tentpole couple' for DAYS. Which is why DAYS will never do it.

AMC 2.0 knew when to roll the dice and make the Hubbards the tentpoles. That was change.

• Members

That is so random,yet encouraging that someone has some interest into dipping into Day's history.

There have been many missed opportunities over the years where past characters could have been brought back,even for minor things.

When Abe first came on he was briefly involved with Val (Dianne Sommerfield)

Archived