DAYS: April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

While I don't have specific intel on who actually head wrote this drivel we are seeing, it feel so much like Griffith on steroids.  And not Dena at all, and I know she was on leave for a bit.  The Summer story feels like a Dena story, but most of the rest i.e. Deimos, Abby/Ben...sick and twisted./Griffith...thank goddess he's out of the writer's room.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I'd love the Abby storyline IF there was some, any, inclusion of the "necktie killer" sh*t with Ben . . . the fact that no one has directly mentioned Paige or Will (esp. JJ and Lucas) during Ben's return is a reprehensible writing oversight.  It's not just Abby's retribution.

I am so not here for this likely doomed romance of Joey's.  He is such an idiot, and I'll be real surprised if she isn't some kind of psycho, probably somehow connected to Ava.  Can't believe they get airtime when Judi Evans has been on, like, two times this year or something.  Speaking of JE, I thought Adrienne was in the hospital on Mon. for a split second, not Kayla, lol.  This new development with Steve & Kayla is . . . head-scratching.  Total letdown with Steve's acquittal, and a real contrived plot point with Kayla turning on him--had she remained worried about him coming back into her and Joey's life this whole time, fine.  But this lady was ready to go on the run with him forever hours before.  Ridiculous.  And as a diehard Jack & Jennifer fan, this kind of writing, however justified it may be, can be very destructive . . . Jennifer's constant trepidation over Jack (abandonment, endangerment, etc.) really eroded the couple and character.  There's a fine line between cautious and caustic.  But I guess it depends on whether you sympathize with Kayla, or with Steve.  And this head trauma would be fine if it weren't a convenient additional reason for Kayla to use as to why she can't be with Steve.

Glad that Jennifer & Eric are back!  Really disappointed that this story never actually happened. :(  Also, for all the plotholes lately, I can't believe that not only has Shawn not had any screentime about Ciara's rape, but that Jennifer, a rape survivor, didn't get a scene reacting to her niece being raped IN HER OWN HOME!  Ahhh, lol.  I get why they had her interact with Abby to parallel the two plots, but this story, which NEVER should have happened, has been so mishandled . . . and good God the actress isn't getting any better, but I will say she has been styled beautifully lately.  Which can be a feat for this style-challenged show.

It's great to see some Horton's on my screen. In a watered down JJ, a pill popping Jennifer, and a badly underused Lucas. Eric's alcoholism could've been interesting had the writers invested in it. Instead of writing it as a non story. Greg Vaughan did a great job on today's episode. Plus GV's salt and pepper beard is sexy as hell. I'm not the biggest fan of Nutty Abby. But a least Abby's mental illness taps into the shows history. Since Abby's grandmother Dr. Laura Horton also had mental health issues. Jenn's and Eric's kiss was very steamy. A shame nothing will come of that. JJ mentioning Serena, Paige and Will was great and about time.

• Members

This crazy bitch was about to burn the house down with her baby downstairs. Like a Horton, she gets away with what she did. Chad is enabling her. He shouldnt have hid what she did bc she needs serious profesional help

So Steve and Kayla were going to get married? WTH? I thought they were married and hate how the show just switches things up

Archived