DAYS: April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Agreed. The Abby story is the best right now, and even that isn't so great.  There's just no long term plan. There's no build up to anything. No build up to a big secret coming out, no build up to characters reuniting. There's nothing. 

• Members

The Abby story has been the best. I've started tuning out as well. I try to watch but I just don't care.

The show was much better when Griffith/Higley first took over even if it was dark and a bit of a mess, it was building towards something. I just feel like the show is spinning it's wheels like it often does and characters that, IMO, shouldn't get so much airtime get too much airtime (I'm looking at you, Brady) and others get such a disservice and edited out.

Eric getting no airtime before his exit left such a bad taste in my mouth. Who did Greg Vaughan piss off? Why did they do this to that character? I don't get it.

I think Higley resents certain characters and is probably still bitter she sucks so much (um, remember the sinking ratings and petition that got her sacked? Clearly neither does Corday) so I sort of feel like she's sabotaging the show. I know she has been on leave for a lot of what has been on air the past few months but I just don't approve of her being there. I have some hope for Quan but that's based on very little. I'm open to seeing how it is in the future but right now I'm just making myself frustrated. I need a break.

• Members

I just saw the list. Holy cr@p! It makes sense that the show is so disjointed. So if cuts are being made, what is replacing those scenes? Are they just moving up scenes from future episodes in an effort to 'speed' things up? (It's not working from what I've seen.) When people carp on Y&R or B&B, it's laughable compared to what DAYS fans have to endure. I'm kinda sad with POP dropping the show because I would catch it when I'd have to 'babysit' my mom. There is no way I'd waste DVR space on the current show. And I really want to like DAYS again. I knew the show would suffer terribly once AS left, but this is far worse than I imagined. Here's hoping that the Latest Plan to Save... is better than the last 15 and that the audience comes back. 

• Members

Well, I agree. Unfortunately there are way too many cooks in the kitchen at DAYS and trash like Higley won't help matters. I just don't like how she writes the show. I'm probably just clinging to false hope with Quan but it's really all I have, even though he won't gain traction and was probably only hired because he's the only one who can work with Higley. Why do they keep a difficult bitch like her? I don't get it.

LOL I know. I'm sad Pop dropped it too but they can't seem to find a solid lineup. I guess even Dawson's Creek wasn't working for them. BH90210, which I love don't get me wrong, must have a massive fanbase because it sticks around whatever network that airs it, FX, Soapnet, Pop .... while POP has tried Dynasty twice and dropped it, etc. I guess That '70s Show is doing well for them and Y&R does well. DAYS at 8 is probably a mistake.

I think I'm just over the crap this show puts me through. It's the same all the time. SAVE DAYS!!!!! ZOMG!!! Then when I like what's working, they dump them, hire trash, and we're stuck with that for a few years, another SAVE DAYS!!! ZOMG!!! comes along, wash rinse repeat. It's really quite old. I've lost my patience.

• Members

If the show was of good quality before she returned, I might agree, but Griffith has drowned in the same excesses on every soap he's been on - this doesn't seem to be any different. I think DAYS had no real plans for anything beyond the shock value serial killer story, and it shows. 

As for what she has against Eric, unless she's the one who made him a drunk offcamera, had him kill the town saint, and fired him, probably nothing.

Looking at the list of cuts, aside from the scene where Roman feels guilt about his hypocrisy, it all sounds like it wasn't worth keeping. The problem is if you start cutting material that isn't worth keeping, you just have the opening credits left.

Archived