B&B - April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I can see a good lawyer using his head injury to justify why his behavior wasnt exactly rational with Quinn keeping him dependent on her like some stockholm victim

She did "kill" Deacon. Im sure he is alive and when he returns, he can have attempted murder charges thrown at her too

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you swapped Steffy for Liam and Deacon for Quinn, we wouldn't be debating whether it was rape. Liam didn't know what he was consenting to because he was mentally incapacitated. Just imagine if it was you and your worst enemy under the same circumstances.... Sadly it's B&B because it would be a very compelling court case. This is why we have DA that cut deals and juries if it goes to trial. 

• Members

IA. People look at things differently with women and men.

Im glad the show is calling what Quinn did kidnapping. Glad Wyatt was being rational today. I hope he doesnt give in tomorrow. Liam remembers now so the jig is up. I was afraid he'd pass out and forget about Wyatt being there. That better not happen

• Members

if it were Steffy and Deacon, I'd still be having this convo.  Liam doesn't remember who he is but he's not mentally incapacitated!  He knew he needed medical attention and did nothing but sit back, pass out every 5 seconds and sex up a complete stranger!  Why would anyone sex up a stranger?!  He should have gone to a doctor!!!!!

If I were defending Quinn for rape my first question would be - Liam, if Quinn were Quenton and said you 2 were married, how quickly would you have believed him and had sex with him?

Liam had enough information to not sleep with Quinn but he did anyhow!  These trash stories suck, especially when it's done w/in a month!  

• Members

you're still blaming the victim for choices that aren't relevant to consent during the act. When the issue of 'no' arises - it's during that moment in time for each specific act. An argument could be made that Liam not in his right mind, was under duress - subconsciously because he was under Quinn's control etc.Like I said, it's to bad B&B is bad a trials because Quinn's defense and/or the D.A. determining appropriate charges  etc would've been some great drama and would highlight that reason why a female teacher can rape her 13-y.o. male student and get probation while a man would be 'Jared'

• Members

Women who were raped ("the person who was Violated') never did anything to help themselves.  Such a shame. They never did anything to better their situation; they didn't ask for help, they just take a stranger at their word. The only thing the guy did was lie to her...there is NO criminal prosecution for that.  THERE were PLENTY of times he left her alone...and SHE COULD HAVE LEFT.  SO she was NOT held against HER WILL.  Maybe she can SUE for emotional damages...but AGAIN how is that rape?  I mean, since when is lying a crime?

• Members

And a girl who gets drunk...there's no rape case there, no matter what happens.  Because she should have had more intelligence.  The guy having her in his bed was comforting her and helping her.  God how stupid are you people?  LOL.

• Members

Can someone explain to me how Liam allowed Quinn to just lock him in the cabin as she has a conversation right outside the door with WhyUGHt?  This is the most ridiculous SL BB has done because Liam is such a jackass!  Well, at least he won't have to sit back, pass out and enjoy being raped by Quinn any longer.  

Simp!  

• Members

I noticed that too yesterday when watching….I was like when did she have time to lock him in and he not know? I'll say it again Bradley Bell has truly run out of ideas long time ago where story lines are concerned.

• Members

How  can you even be locked INSIDE a house? If she locked him inside the room, it would have been more plausible but no, he is locked inside the house. She told Wyatt that the owner had that just installed while she moves away but it doesnt even make sense. Why would someone who owns a house  want it so that you can be locked inside and not get out? Thats a safety haszard in the event of a fire. Do the windows not work? Can Liam not open them and get out? He is on the ground floor or did Quinn lock those from the outside as well?

• Members

And let's not discuss all of those damn windows!

I'm trying to get at what Liam was doing while Quinn was locking him inside the house.  Just standing there?  The scene ends with them all in the living room, and after commercial break, Quinn is locking him inside.  That is just ridiculous.  He just stood there? 

Archived