B&B - April 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why they never had the women on this show have more interested in a smoking hot attorney is just beyond me.  Instead they chase after Rick, Liam, wittle wittle Wyatt, Ridge, et al.  If this guy is considered 2nd best then I'll go back for 2nds and sop it up with a biscuit.  But he was treated similarly on Guiding Light.  Didn't he even write or direct an episode of B&B?  I seem to remember that.  What a waste.

• Members

I'm telling ya, it's that mentality that Carter has uh, more to give in the bedroom than Wyatt or Liam. The only cocky pompous guy on the canvas who could hold his own and not look intimidated is Dollar Bill, which is why a Bill-Brooke-Carter-Steffy story should've been explored, IMO. 

• Administrator

Great ending with Wyatt finding out!  I hope Wyatt stays quiet so this storyline can go on until May sweeps, and that should be when Steffy finds out.  Loving the best storyline on soaps right now.  :D

• Members

Short of knocking Liam out and physically holding him captive, how can Wyatt keep quiet? I would think that even dumbass "Adam" is smart enough to figure out that his name is Liam and this woman claiming to be his wife has been lying to him. The next logical step for him would be to go to the police, but I guess there has been very little logic in this story. Its time to move on, not continue it Passions style. Liam needs to go to the hospital, be reunited with his family and the story can be about him getting his memory back and the impact it has on Wyatt/Steffy with Quinn in jail facing legal troubles. They can have her on the run, if they want to keep her as some looming threat (but even that sounded like a joke as i typed it)

Oh god, I hope not. Thats something that would have happened on Passions

• Administrator

I disagree.  Gotta keep going "Passions style" until May.  Quinn has to convince Wyatt to keep quiet or else he's going to lose Steffy, and has to find another way make Liam look dumb.  Liam going to the police is too easy and not soapy at all.  This storyline is classic soap - how slowly people are finding out.  First it was Deacon and now it's Wyatt.  You gotta have this slow roll out to Steffy find out. 

• Members

She technically raped him. OLTL did a very similar story with Marty and Todd/Victor, although as a female I don't see Quinn being charged with that. She can be charged with kidnapping, fraud and conspiracy and given her history, there wouldn't a strong case against her

• Members

that's where the fraud and conspiracy comes into play. I feel stupid even discussing this bc this entire story has been based around stuff that doesn't make sense and characters ignoring logic and acting in a way to force a plot. I'll let you have this one bc its not even worth trying to make an argument for something that's been so illogical from day 1

• Members

I've never been fond of these stories and I never will be.  The person "violated" does NOTHING to better their situation.  They don't seek medical help and just take a stranger at their word.  I hope we never see trash like this on a soap again because they are always poorly executed.  The only thing Quinn did to Liam was lie to him and there's no criminal prosecution for that.  There were plenty of times she left him alone, so he certainly was not held against his will.  Perhaps he can sue her for emotional damages, but again, how does a lie constitute rape?  Since when is lying a crime?  

• Members

Well it has been for centuries. Perjury? Thats a form of a lie that is a crime. In Quinn's case she committed fraud/deceit and that is classified as a tort or crime depending on intent and ramifications under California law LINK 1LINK 2. Liam didn't just happen to end up at her cabin, she kidnapped him when she took him from the parking lot instead of called for help and then proceeded to deceive him so she and Wyatt could benefit from his absence.

Its rape bc he is mentally not all there and she knows that. He suffered a head injury which she used in order to manipulate him into a sex. She took advantage of his situation to have sex with him, which he would not have done in his right mind. Thats rape. 

• Members

He lost his memory but Liam is not a child (well, not entirely).  Yes, Quinn took advantage of the situation, but that's because Liam was a dumb ass.  He even suggested once he go to a hospital.  This is HIS welfare we are talking about here.  

Archived