What soap should Kassie DePaivia go to?

• Members

I am ecstatic to see Kassie get a nod for her amazing work. It's now time for another soap to pick her up now. She is way too good to not be offered another role on another show. Jean could create a new role for her. Some ritzy bitch golddigger.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is the type of actor I would hope with so much tv out there that she could get a primetime role. She's always remained humble and put in good work, especially on DAYS last year. I would LOVE to see her pop up in primetime either recurring or as a series regular someone. Other than DAYS, which should've never fired her, none of the other soaps would utilize her properly. B&B's cast is already too large, although she could be a recast Karen if they wanted to pursue that. GH would probably use her, but the show doesn't need her and Y&R could probably find a place as well, but I don't have faith it would make sense.

• Members

You mean we still wish these dreadful shows on actors?  If KDP is as good as many believe her to be, then she should reach a little higher and maybe find stable work in primetime TV or streaming media.

• Members

Well, she does have cult horror movie cred due to Evil Dead 2. She was in another horror movie a few years ago. 

Primetime would be her best bet, but no matter how good she looks, Hollywood looks at woman above 30 (let alone 55, which Kassie is as of a few days ago), as largely something to ignore.

She always has theater to turn to, too. Her husband returned to that several times once OLTL let him go. 

• Members

KDP worked a long, long stretch on daytime, as did her husband (both in front of and behind the camera). I suspect she'll be fine even if the work dries up. But I expect she'll keep getting stuff here and there, and keep doing theater, etc. I know she started doing more horror work after OLTL and I hope she keeps doing that - she's beloved by other generations and other fandoms for ED2. Horror fans don't forget, any more than soap fans. Nowadays they'll put you in a movie if you had five lines in a Friday the 13th sequel in 1986.

Archived