DAYS star Peter Brown passes away at 80

• Members

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" STAR PETER BROWN PASSES AWAY AT 80...

Please register in order to view this content

Peter Brown, who starred as Dr. Greg Peters in 675 episodes of "Days of Our Lives" from 1971-1980, has passed away at the age of 80. Brown died on March 21, 2016. His death was first reported by a family friend on Twitter.

Pierre Lind de Lappe was born in New York City on October 5, 1935 and raised in Spokane, Washington. Brown took his last name from his stepfather, Albert Brown. After serving in the 2nd Infantry Division in the Army, he studied drama at UCLA. While working at a gas station, Brown happened to meet one of the original Warner Brothers, Jack Warner, and got a screen test with the studio the next day.

Brown first gained fame in several primetime westerns, including "Lawman" (1958-1962) and "Laredo" (1965-1967). In 1971, Brown joined the cast of "Days of Our Lives" as Dr. Greg Peters. He would spend almost a decade on "Days", and his character would marry both Susan Hunter (Bennye Gatteys) and Amanda Howard (Mary Frann). He last appeared on "Days" in January 1980. Brown also had regular roles on "Loving", "One Life to Live", "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful."

Brown retired from acting in 2005. Survivors include his widow, Kerstin Kern, and two sons, Matthew and Joshua.

Here's the script cover of Peter Brown's first "Days" episode, # 1374, which aired April 16, 1971.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very Sad!
I'm more familiar with him as Taylor's first husband, though I liked that they brought his character on Y&R, Robert Lawrence back in those 1990 Danny's cocaine trial episodes! wish more stuff with Leslie/Lorie was around as always though...

RIP!!!

• Members

As a kid, I thought it was amazing that he was on DAYS during the week and on Laredo reruns on the weekend in my market. I had no concept of syndication at that point, so I thought he was the hardest working man in show biz. I really liked him on both shows.

• Members

Here's a pretty good blog article on his career, with many photos. 

One of them is NSFW, as it's from his Oui spread. That's actually one of the first places I saw him, when I realized the Internet had a lot of...those types of photos. The spread was tame in terms of male nudity (the woman showed everything), but still, risque for a man who was on a very popular soap at the time. Of course this was the era when male nudity was not treated as some type of moral atrocity. 

http://neptsdepths.blogspot.com/2011/05/here-try-little-taste-of-peter.html

Archived