Y&R: Another actor dropped to recurring

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Every time ANY so-called "writer" claims "there are no stories for this character" it immediately sounds like "I have no inspiration/creativity and it is easier to quit writing for someone." Unless, of course, they use the "actor didn't make the character work." We could go into specifics on Adamson's portrayal of Noah and his stories, but it's not necessary.

• Members

No story for the son of Nick & Sharon Newman and grandson of Victor and Nikki Newman? :lol:

Almost none of the younger characters since Lily/Sierra/Colleen have had any personality, been interesting or even portrayed by adequate actors. 

The show is marginalizing young adults because it hasn't been able to create any good characterizations due to one hack after the other. The vets may be getting crap stories but their personalities, dynamics and actors are well established and therefore there is something to be drawn out of them. The young/newer cast doesn't, and will never, stand a chance of becoming popular, with very few exceptions (which usually happen accidentally and then squandered).

It's heartbreaking. The show had gotten in a great cycle of introducing a new younger generation every few years, cultivating them until they took off, making them a big part of the show and then moving on to the next group. It could have gone on forever.

It's really terrifying that the headwriter of a show would feel that way. Granted, there are instances where a characters reaches his or her end. It's healthy to admit that and move on. But Noah Newman is a no go? Ridiculous!

• Members

Yeah that won't happen.....Clearly being "young" on this show, will always mean more stories, for Nick, Sharon,Victoria, Billy, Adam, Chelsea etc... and worthless newbies like Dylan and Sage....they just don't give a damn about the children of these "children"....

• Members

I've never been a fan of Adamson, but the character has always had potential. UpChuck isn't used to writing for young characters, see any of his past shows, the characters he writes for are in their thirties or older. I read they cast a new character named Travis...How do they have story for a newbie but not characters already on the canvas?  Simple...they keep the dead weight(Kevin, Snortoria, Cane to name a few) that TPTB  refuse to let go...

• Members

Can't write for Noah Newman? I should be shocked, surprised, and aghast but I must say even for Upchuck he's been used a lot more effectively than in the past. So it's still disappointing that they can't write for Noah. In reality Noah should have become the villain for the Luca/Marisa story but they failed to realize that potential. 

Noah as a whole has been a disappointment since first being SOARSed back in 2008 as played by three different actors. I know Kevin Schmidt did prove unreliable and unavailable to the show(and then publicly whine about being replaced by Adamson when he had left on his own before!) which rendered Noah useless half the year but the writing was never up to par with Noah except on occasion especially in the fall of 2012 when Adamson's Noah was actively protecting Sharon. 

Noah was wasted with some pretty non-viable love interests as well. Does anyone actually remember Eden. Hunter, Adrianna. or Courtney or what their stories included? 

As a whole, the entire young Y&R generation has been wasted. Cassie was killed and Mariah isn't used properly. Kyle is a doofus character and we've gone through three actors in four years on them trying. Fen was promising but is now seems to be permanently MIA with half-brother Scott. Jamie who? Ricky is dead. Abby is stuck with Stitch as as opposed to either sexy Carmine or Alex Chavez. Devon and Hilary have been misused horribly. Lily sucks. Colleen is dead. Jana is dead. Chloe is a sociopathic nutjob I never want on my screen again. Eden sucked. Tyler and Mason were abandoned. Summer can't lead a story properly. What the hell happened to Nate Hastings? 

Archived