London

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

That's odd b/c Deadline is reporting that the show is in limbo if anything b/c of the fact that WGN got bought by another company. But whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if BET, OWN, or some other channel picks the show up seeing as it is critically acclaimed and has a strong following. Whatever they rebrand WGN to be, no one will be watching seeing as they've gotten rid of Underground, Salem, and Outsiders. 

• Members

WGN is out of the original scripted business and that's disappointing. However, after that huge letdown finale, I'm not sure I care. Not sure why anyone though Cato killing Patty was a payoff or must see. The set up was a Harriet/Patty showdown as Harriet was all Patty wanted. She didn't even care about the remaining Macon 7.  If this show finds a new network, you best believe it will be the Cato Hour. I'm so not interested in that.

Ernestine was a huge disappointment the entire season!  

Rosalie gets into situations just for the hell of it.  

Harriet Tubman just vanishes 1/2 way thru the finale. What a damn joke!  

These new shows start off strong and lose steam quickly. They don't have staying power like the shows back in the day. 

• Members

It has just come out that it is officially cancelled by WGN. I hope it finds another home. I could see it doing well on OWN too. I also think like Mo The Great mentioned it could fit on AMC as well.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-may-wgn-america-cancels-underground-but-1496182723-htmlstory.html

I wonder how long show's creators may have known/suspected that WGN was going to be going in another direction. If they had been notified of this earlier maybe they could have written a more fitting season 2 finale. They could have just had Noah reunite with Rosalee and their baby and ride off into the night with Harriet helping them and trying to lead them to freedom. Cato could have went on with his plan to use fake Patty without Rosalee. Him taking her was just wrong and uneccessary.

They could have written the Ernestine and Elizabeth scenes differently, or even left their endings the same. I don't think the endings we got for them were the worst endings. Ernestine was at least determine to change her ways and Elizabeth was still fighting the cause. Noah/Rosalee were the ones that really got an unsatisfying ending. I wish they would have gotten a happier ending.  Even if they went back to experiencing a lot of difficulties if the show got picked up by another network. 

Archived