Interview with Six Soap Hunks from the 80s

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A Martinez's comments are strange. Why is he crediting Jill Farren Phelps for "taking a chance" on Cruz and Eden? I believe Farren Phelps was music director when Cruz and Eden were paired up, not executive director. I wonder if he meant Mary-Ellis Bunim.

• Members

What an awful photo. Kin Shriner looks like he's on meth and they seem to want to make Diamont's cheap dye job even more apparent than it already was. MEK looks like he's covering up a shiner.

It tells you just how far standards have fallen that this wasn't cleaned up by Logan. She was not EP. If anything her tenure did more to split up Cruz and Eden than bring them together. I guess she just gets credit for anything anyone liked at Santa Barbara.

Shriner: When you no longer have a 32-inch waist, you have to be more on your game than ever. These young soap stars today are like, “It’s our time. Get out of our way,” so you have to show up at the studio like a soldier of fortune who’s going behind enemy lines. You need to kill those scenes! 

Does Kin even do anything on GH now? 

With the exception of Selleck and Stamos and very few others, most primetime stars of the ’80s can’t get arrested now. 

That's some first class ego stroking. Primetime stars in the '80s have held on a lot more than most soap leading men of that time. That's just how the industry works. 

Ugh Logan sucks. Kissass to the end.

Archived