Soaps worst recasts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He is Kay Alden's son John. I Googled just to make sure I was right. His sister Conci played teenaged Heather during April's return. I found recent pics of her online, but not him. I think Y&R/CBS/Sony did Kay crappy. She wrote with Bill Bell from 1974 on.

Gregg Marx is a very good actor. I remember someone posted that he sad Bill Bell offered him a job on Y&R. I wonder what role it was ?

• Members

What do you want to bet it was to succeed Terry Lester as Jack Abbott?

Roark Critchlow was all wrong for DAYS's Mike Horton.  Too young, too bland, too boring.  Also, Susan Batten replacing Allyson Rice on ATWT -- that almost goes without saying.

• Members

Charity Rahmer as Belle on DOOL obviously, but assuming that is a given I would say with no hesitation Roger Howarth as Franco on GH.  He has show a complete inability to play this character as anything other than a continuation of his previous character from OLTL.  It's so similar that it is obnoxious and unwatchable.   Every grin, every time he laughed at his own humorless jokes, the random insults at people he had no business insulting...it all added up to FF button.   It exposed Howarth as someone who couldn't act.   All he could do is take his one-note shtick from role to role with no attempts made at playing a different character.   

GH also had a mother-daughter recast blunder with whoever they were playing Felicia and Maxie ten years ago.   The Maxie actress just looked like your typical soap sexpot, and the mother had the impossible task of playing a character whose defining characteristic is she is played by Kristina Wagner.   It is a role that cannot be successfully recast.   Recast at the same time just as you attempt a story revisiting the biggest story of the Maxie character's history, and you get a complete and total fail.

• Members

The Maxie recast you speak of is Danica Stewart who I posted about as a Jessica recast for Passions. She was on GH first and was so awful there someone at Passions decided to hire her lol. KS does nothing for me as Maxie either and hasnt. I feel like GH scooped her up right when she was popular(she had made a name for herself with DAYS and Disney) but she's just not a good actress to me.

• Members

ANOTHER WORLD:

Rhonda Lewin as Vicky after Ellen Wheeler departed..... 

David Canary as Steve Frame. He should have been a different character. Nothing against David.

Eric Scott Woods as Evan Frame.

Brian Krause as Matthew Cory.

Christine Tucci as Amanda Cory.

Also thought the guy on OLTL that took over the role of Seth seemed too old for the part. Steve Harris?

• Members

Andrea Evans as Patty (Y&R)

Amelia Heinle as Victoria (Y&R)

Scott Holmes as Tom (ATWT)

Ellen Dolan as Margo (ATWT)

Any of the actors who tried to replace John Clarke as Mickey (Days). Nothing against Kevin Dobson & John Ingle, but Clarke played the role for 30 years and it was just weird to recast. The age difference between Dobson and Ingle was glaring.

Archived