GH Actress' Contract Negotiations Hit Snag; Rival Soap Eyeing to Hire

• Members

I'm happy for her, if it's true. I'm sure she'd rather have the relatively sure pay check that is GH than head over to the low budget Titanic that is Days.  As far as I can see Y&R was nothing but fans wishful thinking. Plus neither Days nor Y&R can be counted on to keep new talent. Look at the long string of established actress who have been cast aside by both shows.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just don't see RH as a strong actress. She's definitely shown some serious chops recently but she's not a power actress. It does bug me that she's really breathy at times. Had she left, gh would have been 69% newbies. Someone did the math a month ago and I was sick!  

A Smelly Jelly pink slip without a ValenVarni pink slip leaves us right back where we started!  

RH staying postponed another Lifer coming aboard only temporarily!  

• Members

Yeah, @ChitHappens the whole exec team needs to be dumped. Between Valentini's penchant for dumb twinks and Varni's double talk that never reveals anything, and the chronic boredom also known as Jelly, all four need to go.  I know RH isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I  guess after watching KM sleepwalk through her romance with ME and JT, RH seems stellar to me. I'm also an NLG fan from way back and I can't take her since Jillian hit the scene. 

With RH sticking around, at least we have , like you said, a long familiar face sticking around.

ABC really needs to step in and take over the reins, this fearsome foursome needs to go!

• Members

She's got three kids to feed, I don't know if her husband is working, and no matter how talented she is/how great she looks, she'll still be 39 in two months and hasn't done any acting besides GH in years, so the only chance she'd have besides it to continue acting would probably be one of the other soaps. As long as she doesn't have blinders on about how TPTB are (and I don't think she does), this really is the best option for her. 

• Members

Yes, it makes actors happy to come to work when they have meat to sink their teeth into, but for the good of the show and ratings, the actors MUST BE the actors viewers really want to see.  The character of Elizabeth, as played by BH is one of these, as opposed to some of the newbies whose names I need not mention.  Elziabeth has not really been used correctly since the FV/RC takevover in 2012.  Maybe this round of latest negotiations and strong fan support for BH shows that the character of Liz needs a story that is in character for her.  If BH would have left, it would have been a real blow to the show.  Elizabeth is a legacy character.

• Members

I'm not hating the chemistry between Herbst and Howarth, but the problem I will always have is that Howarth is playing Franco, and that name just has a taint to it. Howarth had chemistry with Laura Wright too but I detested that pairing because of Franco and how it made Carly look. Not that Carly is any better as Sonny's doormat.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived