GH Actress' Contract Negotiations Hit Snag; Rival Soap Eyeing to Hire

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frank must need the money to pay Michael Easton

:rolleyes:

But Herbst has been crapped on at GH for a long time now. I'd love her on DAYS, love her on my show, but they'd waste her just like they wasted Sarah Brown, Chrishell Stause, Melissa Archer, Kassie DePaiva ....

• Members

She got fired but she's still a nurse and its not like she cant be written back there. I mean international terrorist Obrecht is the Chief of Staff for heavens sake!

which is the problem most of the young newbies on Days have and subsequently dont work. I dont know why but it seems to be a recurring problem regardless of the writing team

• Members

Here's what I said on another soap forum about this, so I'll just copy and paste here:

Honestly, unless it was one of the Bell soaps, with this impasse in mind, I predict Becky will either re-sign with GH, or retire from acting completely. She's been a full time working mom her entire kids' lives, and while her oldest kids are almost 15 and 12 (see, Show? Becky has teenaged kids, Liz can handle one, too!), her youngest son is five and a half. I'm sure she would love to be home with him in a way she may not have always been with her oldest kids when they were little. And not only that, no matter how great we all think she looks, she'll still be 39 in May, and while it's definitely unfair, it's not like Hollywood is likely to give her a chance, and GH is literally the only acting job she's had since she started in 1997, save for one TV movie she did about a year after she joined the show. Before that, she'd been acting since she was a child, and also competed in figure skating, too. I'm sure GH coming along gave her some relief and stability, especially once she had her kids. So...yeah, if things don't work out here, and the DAYS thing isn't true/the Bells don't call her up with anything, I think Becky is probably done with acting permanently. 

• Members

I guess agree to disagree on this but she looks too old to be Abby. Now if she was Cassie, Stephanie,  Sarah Horton or even Chelsea I could see that

As for the Adam Comparison. Hartley is only 19 months younger than Muhney and both are older then Chris Egen

Mansi is 10 years younger than Herbst & imho it shows

• Members

I don't think she is because Jennifer doesn't look 60.  Now we are saying Abby is 20 years older than JJ?  She looks closer to playing JJ's mother than sister.   DOOL ages crazy so anything is possible but it doesn't look to me like appropriate casting.   With the casting of MM as Belle, perhaps they can make all the 25 year olds 40 I guess.

Archived