GH: February 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Most of Shameless, the last 4-5 years of True Blood, Tyrant, Nip/Tuck, American Horror Story, The Newsroom, The Comedians, the last few years of Sex and the City, the last 2 years of Game of Thrones, the last 4-5 years of Sopranos, Rescue Me, most of Dexter, most of The L Word, Californication...among many others.

All networks have shows that are full of hackery and poor writing. Cable cuts a few holes in a tatty dress and passes it off as edgy, but that doesn't hide the poor material. 

I'm certainly no fan of Jean Passanante, I've hated most of her work since her AMC run (although the many people here who continue to encourage obvious trolling actually end up making her work better than it would seem otherwise), but Showtime, HBO, and FX have had a ton of dreck for years. Just as much as anything she's written.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some thoughts on what I remember from the week so far ...

Must be sweeps when the vets are trotted out. They're being handled ... better-ish. I liked that they used Monica in the Jake story, they're continuing the Tracy/Laura interaction, Scotty remains Ava's lawyer and even had a scene with Laura but he's still not on enough. It was nice seeing Mac, Felicia, Robert and Anna sharing scenes. I'm not saying they aren't cameos but I'll take what very little I can get.

Other than that I am NOT here for Franco and Ninny whining about a baby or Kaka and Anger Boy get back together.

I've lost what little interest I had in Paul and Ava

Zzzzz to Hayden and Nikolas

Is it wrong I'm laughing that Jake got hit by a car AGAIN and is it wrong that I'm also laughing about Sam crawling around and just happening to find an old heater. I just don't don't care.

And everytime that music swells as Sonny sees Avery I just want to puke. They lay it on way too thick with Sonny and it isn't necessary.

Carly is so overbearing. As a mother and as a friend. Lord. No wonder people push her away. And LOL at Michael all devastated over Sabrina. You had the chance to play daddy so suck it up. I wish Sabrina and Carlos and their rolling of the rs to sound more ethnic would stay gone.

• Members

If anyone was on the fence this was a great day to skip. Kiki and Morgan deciding to have sex. Jason and Liz at the hospital. Sam in the basement seeing visions of Jason, but really passed out. It was a nothing day, imo. Not that yesterday is much better. I'm hoping Franco and Nina break up over this baby stuff. Just awful.

• Members

Agreed about them trying too hard to make Valerie work. The character is awful (and so is the actress). I love how every character just goes on and on about poor, poor Valerie, and she's somehow become the victim whom Lulu needs to grovel to. There is nothing likable or rootable about her. She's ruined Dante too.

Nina and Franco... awful, just awful.

Anyone care about Morgan/Kiki? Anyone?

Nik/Hayden... no thanks.

I feel like I'm really supposed to care about Sam being trapped in the basement, but I don't. Let her die.

• Members

I can't with this Lulu having to beg Valerie for forgiveness and saying what she did was worse. Not to mention Valerie still blaming Lulu for not forgiving Dante. This Lulu Spencer they're writing is a joke. I rather have Guza back, he wrote Lulu stronger. 

Archived