DAYS: February 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did Ellen Wheeler and Dave Kreizman write friday's valentine's episode; it was bad, bad, bad.  Reminded me of those awful standalone GL episodes towards the end of its run....except for Julie and Doug...

Maybe this Friday epi was written after Higley went on leave and after NBC read this script decided Griffith couldn't write on his own and called in Milstein stat!..remember how bad YR was under him as sole head...boring, uninspired, mind numbing...that's what this Daysn episode was like, completely tone deaf to any heartfelt emotions or romance.  The directing was horrible as well.

• Members

NO ONE said all people with autism have poor speech patterns.

i made my original comment about the actress PLAYING Ciara as if she has autism. I then called her the Worst. Actress. Ever.  Get it? Many of us appreciate the actor playing Theo, who gives us a subtle, nuanced, and emotional autistic young man. His portrayal is absolutely respectful to any autistic person.

The actress playing Ciara is just flat-out terrible, as if she's imitating someone (badly) with autism in an attempt to come across as a teen.

i never intended my comment as a slur in any way on those with autism.

• Members

This isn't the first time Dena Higley did an episode like this. Remember Nicole's film noir fantasy in 2008 that lasted for two whole episodes, and then a month later we got a whole episode of her recapping it. Then in 2011 on fourth of July it was that bad Oscar Movies episode.

Archived