DAYS: February 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually wasn't 100% on who the woman was but It looked like her. Glad it wasn't. I know Belle saw the gun with the pictures but I didn't get that from the scene. I just assumed it was her being an insecure brat about the pictures and being jealous.

• Members

Just starting to watch this week's episodes. Wow is the demios plot stupid.  Even VI can't sell his hatred for Victor and the reason Philip is going along is beyond lame. Absolutely devoid of creative thinking on the writers' part.

But:  actor playing Chase is a real find.  Why isn't he playing Joey?  What were the producers thinking??

Love the directing. Angelia Tessinari and Scott McKinsey rock!

• Members

Who exactly is Deimos? I still don't understand.

If Chase is really Theo's bully and the show is just lazily leaning into crap like "Bad Guy's Son is also Bad" it proves they have absolutely no interest in any kind of new storytelling or innovation beyond their usual paint by numbers black and white crap. And don't get me started on what appears to be John's latest non-event backstory (some woman in the sticks?) or creating a new company in hallowed memory of Dr. Sasquatch.

The difference is one can act. Not that acting matters on DAYS.

• Members

Victor's brother who spent 30 years in a greek prison.

Victor used to only have one brother, Justin's father, who was killed when Justin was little.

So in less than one year, Victor has two new brothers that have never been mentioned before, Titus (Xander's father), and Deimos.

• Members

Tuesday's epi:  

Why was Mary Beth holding her vajajay when we fade to cliffhanger black?

Why was Tamara covering her mouth after Steve attempted to choke her; was she worried she'd spit a loogie on the dude who just tried to kill her??

Love Nicole's widow look, so becoming on the actress.  They've really are reviving this character with this Daniel storyline. 

Brandon Beemer drip and drool...so compelling on the screen.  He works it. Love him.

Why is James Lastovic still employed, bless his Joey heart.  He couldn't even puke on cue.

Why does Albert Alaar continue to have most action played in a limbo park set that's permanently green and why are the residents sitting outside in the middle of a mid-west winter. BRRRR ain't it ever cold in Salem? Mayor Abe better start advocating to counter global warming.   Now there's a plot that would make the sets make sense.  LOL

I see that A Martinez still parks that sizable enchilada on the right side.  He never changes!  Crus Castillo.

The Eve/Bell/Claire thing is hot, hot, hot and they are throwing it away by getting rid of Eve.

• Members

Wednesday's Epi:

Thao Tony dancing in the mirror - priceless daytime camp

Why is there a green tint to most of the episodes?  Or do I need to have another glaucoma test?

Thursday's Epi:

JJ + Lanie + becoming cop in a month = cringe worthy

Ava's Victoria Secret has to be better than Kayla's matronly vag...

GI Joe: Love the gay new prison guard who cornered Paul Narita.  Now they should tell and S&M bi four way with Gabi and JJ.  JJ needs to walk the other side.  

Kayla should have seen Bo in her dream.  They should have Reckell be the resident ghost. Like they do with John Abbot on YR

Awesome casting with the rubenesque landlord who met Demmmmios...

Did Pat Faulken Smith come back from the beyond to write those Steve/Ava sex scenes..so edgy.  Was Steve forcing himself on Ava and giving her aggressive revenge sex?

Lord have mercy:  Joey and Theo...say it aint so.  I feel like I'm watching a rehearsal of an 8th grade play when I watch these sorased newbies...

• Members

did I miss something? When did Kate meet Deimos? how old is he even supposed to be. He being in jail for 30 years seems so extreme when he looks mid 50s at the most. And he's on Interpool's watch list? How dangerous was he by age 25 to warrant that? He killing Victor's fiance seems to small to account for any of this

I felt like i was watching an old episode when it opened up with Teresa showing up with a wedding dress for Abby. They are still doing that? Seems so odd having Teresa cool with her and Jen now

Lanie didnt become a cop in a month. She was a cop before she came to town. 

• Members

Yeah, Lani was already a cop. She became a detective at light speed.

I was LOLing at JJ in his cop outfit. So weird and I want Jack's reaction. Jack should have been for all of this crap for the last few years. Sigh. Is it May yet? And um, Shawn and JJ are tailing Deimos? LOL. PLEASE. I know it's for the storyline and I'm actually fine with it, but LMAO please. These two look like dumb and dumber. So they should fit right in at the Salem PD. Between them, mush mouth, the murderers and the non-entity token, Salem will be safe!

It's like watching a different show everyday. They jump around way too much trying to do way too much. Instead of playing beats they ignore them and move on to advance the next plot.

It feels more Griffith style, slower and better character depth. We never would have had that Kate scene like a month ago. She was an extra and then the villain the Theresa Donovan Lifetime movie of the week. I LOL'd at how quickly she cut Eduardo for the next piece of ass in town. Koslow looked far more interested in this than anything with A/Eduardo. I'm much more interested in Kate and Deimos from one episode than anything we got of Eduardo/Kate, who's "relationship" was basically off-screen.

Really liked Chad seeing Abby in her dress. So, clearly since they badly forced Rafe as Chad's best man, and I think Hope will be staying with Jen for a while, they're obviously going to do something with Stefano/Andre & Rafe/Hope at the Chabby wedding. Sigh. Can Rafe and Hope just go away? Can Andre please just do them in? And even more proof for my speculation? They remembered Theo, Stefano's grandson, had a close relationship with Abby and of course with Chad (who wasn't with them, only Abby was with Theo, for a split second).

I was dying at high as a kite Jennifer. I want more of this insta-story than we're getting. I don't need to see Marie Wilson in white on a beach. Zzzzz. She'll be out in the next regime change along with Lani and Fynn. The writers aren't invested in them either, clearly. I guess they finally remembered Lani exists, but she's so blah and monotone. I'm sick of her in the PD too. Give her other things to do and other people to interact with.

And Theresa should know what a pill head or someone high looks like. I'm not really here for PodTheresa and her never-ending "I'm now wonderful and amazing" redemption storyline. Didn't she used to actually have some balls? Zzzzz

• Members

I really wish they had had Theresa pull some f*ckery to make sure Daniel's heart went to Brady to save him. (Yeah, it might have been weird for her to screw over Eric, but he had been driving drunk and caused the accident...) There are ways to have a character be manipulative without just being destructive for no discernible reason. 

Melissa Reeves was actually hilarious playing High Jen. The fact that everyone is becoming convinced she's an addict based on the fact that she's using prescription pills to dull actual pain (and it's only been a few days) is still ridiculous, though.

Archived