GH: Laura Wright/Maurice Benard Interview

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fairman: It feels with head writers, Jean Passanante and Shelly Altman, that the Corinthos clan have become once again this core central family unit of the show.

Laura: As they should be!

Maurice: It is the best family on TV daytime or primetime…

:huh:

• Members

How do you think Jean and Shelly are doing with writingGeneral Hospital?   What differences do you sense from the scripts, and your scenes?

MAURICE:  I like these new writers, because there is more heart and sensitivity in the scripts.  I just feel like it’s actually happening more, as opposed to me just going to work to do a scene, and then it’s over.

LAURA:  It’s not plot-driven.  The material is more emotional and character-driven.  The scenes are longer, but they are also about family, love, and fear, and to be afraid and still taking a step. The stories are about all the stuff we have to deal with in life.  In our reality in Port Charles, of course it’s heightened, because it’s a soap opera, but everyone has all thos

That's my favorite quotes. I love the Jelly pimping of the actors. Them saying heart, character driven, emotional are all the fundamentals of smsrttv. I am just beyond thrilled really. Everyone is so happy with the changes.

• Members

Of course Laura and Maurice think the Corinthos family is the best family on TV - they are a huge part of it.  If they writers favor them, they get more screen time.  Unfortunately, most viewers are sick of the Corinthos family taking up center stage.  Hence, the dismal ratings.

Archived