DAYS: New character cast

• Members

Because the Hernandez clan needs more airtime.

http://varietylatino.com/english/2016/tv/noticias/ximena-duque-joins-cast-of-days-of-our-lives-213141/

Ximena Duque has been cast in the long-running and popular daytime soap opera Days of Our Lives. The Colombian actress will be making her English-language television debut and take on the role of Blanca.

Her character will join the cast for a story arc beginning in May 2016. Duque will work alongside actors Galen Gering, Camila Banus and Alma Delfina.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goddamnit, as soon as Higley came back, that damn family was amped up again and now it continues. Someone please stop it. It's bad enough she's obsessed and determined to write for them no matter what, but her Rafe is the WORST Rafe.

• Members

Oh wow!  i like her on the telenovelas(spanish soaps) she has done. Good for her!  I am going to have to tune in to see her. She is dating latin superstar Carlos Ponce.

They need to recast Rafe. I just don't care for GG in the role. He is dull and boring in the role.

• Members

Is she on contract? I like her look, hopefully she can act. I'm open to this casting. I'm still annoyed with all the new hires and lack of other returns, but the show still needs to develop new blood as well as better utilizing the cast it has.

And unless I missed a casting announcement, it seems that article also tells us Alma Delfina is playing Mama Hernandez.

• Members

She has played both protagonist type a la Lily Walsh to Sheila Carter evil in her spanish roles and IMO did a great job at both.  

Didnt read the article until now….but Alma Delfina is another great find as Mama Hernandez. I am familiar with her work too in spanish soaps and enjoyed it. She fits the bill as a mother figure to Rafe, Gabi and now Bianca.

• Members

Delfino has a nice social media following so that's a good casting move. I'm not in love with the Hernandez clan expanding. But Rafe actually works in family scenes and I'm all for more diversity. And sounds like the women can act and they both come with a large fanbase from their telenovela's, so ... but still, the cast is getting way too large. They also need to bring back a few familiar faces. How about beefing up the Brady's by bringing back Frankie and Carrie? Rafe and Hope are far too forced and IMO, there was potential between Rafe and Carrie. With good writing they could be the supercouple they so desperately want Rafe in. JMO. And all Jennifer has going for her is a pill popping story that's already getting cuts in the episodes. Just like Belle vs. Eve was cut. There's been a lot of cuts from episodes since Griffley took over.

I'm curious about Blanca. Is she a Hernandez sibling that's popping up out of nowhere, does she have a past with Dario? With Rafe?

• Members

This is unnecessary. As much as I would love for a latino family to be at the forefront on a soap this is not the one. Galen isn't even latino,) and they really only reference being latino when they want to speak two words of Spanish every now and again. Didnt they say awhile back Mama Hernandez lives on the other side of town? She can continue living there offscreen!

• Members

Jordi and Marie Wilson will be joining the cast in the next few weeks.

An April 2016 script cover that Stephen Nichols tweeted has Dena, Josh and Beth listed as the headwriters. So, when Beth is added to the credits sometime in the next few months, it looks like Dena's name will continue to be listed.

Archived