Which soap actor that made it big surprised you?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Zach Roerig, the Casey before Billy, was a beautiful young man. I think they spent so much time trying to turn BM into Roerig though, with horrific hairstyles, clothes, etc. that he ended up looking like he was transitioning or something. It was a debacle for most of his time on the show until they settled on letting him be who he was. Billy's a beautiful dude and incredibly talented and I couldn't be happier for him.

• Members

I loved Ray Liotta as Joey Perrini (AW) but I would never have guessed he'd go on to such a successful -- and long -- career. Even more surprising was the success of Eric Roberts, who was just horrible in his relatively short stint as AW's Ted Bancroft.

• Members

It's not even about how Magnussen's acting growing, as much as it is about the height of his success post ATWT. I forget exactly what he's done, but it included a couple of Broadway plays, a Tony nom (I think) and now some high concept movies. He's not a good-looking guy just toiling away in himbo roles.

• Members

I wondering if Ripa had the most money post soaps. They have Lucci listed networth at 45 million and Ripa has 100 million. Ripa just bought a 27 million dollar brownstone in the most exclusive area in NYC not to mention she has a huge house is the hamptons. Funny thing is if Mark and Kelly ever split he would get big money. She has potential in next 5 yesrs to have networth of 150 to 175 million. She got the lottery ticket

• Members

Hands down Meg Ryan. And unlike the class act that is Juilanne Moore, she disavows her ATWT roots. Grammer, List, Tomei and Biggs fill out my ATWT top 5 - unlike Ryan the other 4 did grow as actors. What's interesting is that ATWT produced an incredibly high number of 'name-check' actors.  I believe a lot of it had to do with skipping hair models for the most part. ATWT cast looked good but not plastic. 

Eva Longoria- I was shocked when I discovered she had been on daytime prior to Y&R. And I still don't think she'll all that as an actor, but she seems quite sharp and very accessible, so good for her  

• Members

I thought her only pre-Y&R role was playing a Brenda on GH look alike during IR's exit. Not a big stint.  I could be wrong tho.  She is very grating to me but is a savvy business woman it seems.  Weird she was married to Tyler Christopher.

Archived