Which soap actor that made it big surprised you?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was also surprised that alien-looking (as someone here once said) Darin Brooks had a lead in a primetime cable show for a few years, one he helped produce or something.

And Wilson Bethel. I remember Jamey and friends hyping him as the new Captain America, and all I ever saw on my screen was someone who looked like he just woke up on the side of the road. 

• Members

Darin Brooks was a cute twink in his first run on DAYS. His looks have gone very quickly as he tried to make himself over into a masculine stud, first on that cable show and now B&B. He looks like he's losing his hair.

• Members

I remember Christian when he was on Charmed for a few episodes as one of Piper's many Season 1 boyfriends(before Leo became a regular in Season 2) and he was godawful in the role, but at least his hair was better and more like like '97 ATWT hair than anything else. 

• Members

Probably because those stars started off in one terrible soap role but made it big in another? Tylo was awful as Marina on Days, Frantz was horrific on Sunset Beach, Jacob Young's first run on B&B and his childish diva antics back then were embarrassing, and Texas Battle was baaaad when he first started. 

Just look at Sharon Case between ATWT and Y&R the difference between her acting is night and day. 

• Members

I guess Shelley Hennig.....not because of her acting (trust me she isn't the best) but just because the few times I caught her on Days as Stephanie a few years ago, she just didn't leave an impression. I guess in her case she landed a job on the one of the most popular teen shows, right now.

• Members

Blue Mountain State had three seasons and they just released a DTV movie.

I'm always surprised when that guy who played Lauren's older son on Y&R and was one of the other Miguel's on Passions pops up on different shows, never thought he was very good.

I'm not shocked most of the early to mid 00's ATWT teen scene made it big but I am surprised Jennifer Landon doesn't seem to get as much work. She didn't deserve all those Emmy's but she's a damn good actress and I still don't get why JFP got rid of her as soon as she joined, she's her exact type of actress.

• Members

I wouldn't say biggest star for Jordan. Fantastic Four flopped and no one's really talking about anyone but Stallone from Creed, so ... I'd argue Duhamel and even Lucci are bigger stars than he is from AMC. But I see the point. I was never his biggest fan but he didn't suck. I really can't say I've seen him in much because I'm horrible at going to the movies ...

• Members

By far Kelly Ripa. Ripa is a mega superstar with a salary of 20 million year. Forbes said Ripa networth is a 100 million dollars lmao. She just got renewed for Kelly and Michael untIL 2020. Word is Ripa will get 30 to 35 million a year. That's insane money u guess Mark married a rich one. 

Archived